“Great way to wind down. ”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a large group and the food and service were excellent. I tried the she crab soup, the crispy duck. I really endnotes both and would recommend stopping to try this restaurant especially if in the area. I thought the wine list and drink specials were also on point.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We recently attended a dinner here with work colleagues and spouses. The service was efficient,although the attitude of the server did not deserve the “18% automatically added” gratuity.
First she was annoyed that we got our own happy hour priced drink from the bar instead of full priced from her. Next she interrupted our table mate to tell him to hurry up and order a drink now, she was there for drink orders. My $12 salad had a good dressing, but the beets and tomatoes were sliced on a mandolin, the thinnest I’ve ever seen. They could have gotten at least 4 salads from one beet and tomato. We ordered the pork tenderloin and lamb entrees, which were recommended by the server. I make more tender and flavorful tenderloin at home. Other people at the table were in agreement with the lack of flavor and tenderness. My husband’s lamb was nothing special and the portion was quite small. There are too many places around to try. I doubt we will go back or ever recommend this place.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We started with tuna poke, fresh and delicious. The soft shell crab was sweet and wonderful. The halibut with crab and sautéed spinach was very good as well. The service was attentive.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Kudos for carrying restaurant week over for an extra week. Reservations were not necessary as we were surprised to find so few diners on a Friday night although the bar scene was lively. It was clever to designate certain items on the regular menu as eligible for restaurant week without the necessity to create a new menu. It was a bit confusing that those items designated last week were not the same this week.
We also went for the $5 extra charge for the bread basket. The very large popover was stupendous, but there was only one in the basket. Thank goodness my dining companions, who was willing to share, but it would have been awkward on a business diner.
We had heard that the key lime pie was sublime - light and flavorful. Eventhough not on the restaurant week list this week, we opted for the upcharge to try it. Apparently, it came straight from the freezer which made it hard to eat.....semifreddo it was not...the height was impressive and the crust crisp. The she crab soup flavored with sherry was sublime and the pork loin with adult "mac and cheese" was wonderful.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I really wanted to like this place, for years I have wanted to go here because it was always raved about but I'll be honest, it's expensive. When it showed up on Restaurant Week, I decided to take my girlfriend for her birthday. Previewing the menu for what was being offered during Restaurant Week, I already knew what I was going to order before I got there. The $35 menu included an appetizer, main course and dessert. It did not indicate that there was an additional up-charge for the filet I wanted AND the dessert I wanted. My $35 meal has now jumped to over $40, but, that's what I had my heart set on and I sucked it up and paid the difference. The she-crab soup had maybe one piece of lump crab meat in it, my filet was lukewarm (at best) and my key lime pie, well, that was still frozen when I got it. Normally, I would have sent the filet back (I wish I had) but the restaurant was slammed busy and I did not want to have to wait for another one to be prepared. On the way home, my girlfriend confessed her meal was not very hot either. I'm sorry, but for the amount of money this meal cost me, I should be leaving a glowing review, not a bad one. I don't care how busy a restaurant is, they have expediters that should be checking this food over before it goes out, it should not be sitting in a window getting cold, especially when the owner himself is running food. I was very disappointed in my first and last visit here. If you go, check your food temp, that's all I have to tell you.
P.S., our server Gigi was spot on!

Date of visit: July 2018