“Elegant seafood spot”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We started with tuna poke, fresh and delicious. The soft shell crab was sweet and wonderful. The halibut with crab and sautéed spinach was very good as well. The service was attentive.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Kudos for carrying restaurant week over for an extra week. Reservations were not necessary as we were surprised to find so few diners on a Friday night although the bar scene was lively. It was clever to designate certain items on the regular menu as eligible for restaurant week without the necessity to create a new menu. It was a bit confusing that those items designated last week were not the same this week.
We also went for the $5 extra charge for the bread basket. The very large popover was stupendous, but there was only one in the basket. Thank goodness my dining companions, who was willing to share, but it would have been awkward on a business diner.
We had heard that the key lime pie was sublime - light and flavorful. Eventhough not on the restaurant week list this week, we opted for the upcharge to try it. Apparently, it came straight from the freezer which made it hard to eat.....semifreddo it was not...the height was impressive and the crust crisp. The she crab soup flavored with sherry was sublime and the pork loin with adult "mac and cheese" was wonderful.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I really wanted to like this place, for years I have wanted to go here because it was always raved about but I'll be honest, it's expensive. When it showed up on Restaurant Week, I decided to take my girlfriend for her birthday. Previewing the menu for what was being offered during Restaurant Week, I already knew what I was going to order before I got there. The $35 menu included an appetizer, main course and dessert. It did not indicate that there was an additional up-charge for the filet I wanted AND the dessert I wanted. My $35 meal has now jumped to over $40, but, that's what I had my heart set on and I sucked it up and paid the difference. The she-crab soup had maybe one piece of lump crab meat in it, my filet was lukewarm (at best) and my key lime pie, well, that was still frozen when I got it. Normally, I would have sent the filet back (I wish I had) but the restaurant was slammed busy and I did not want to have to wait for another one to be prepared. On the way home, my girlfriend confessed her meal was not very hot either. I'm sorry, but for the amount of money this meal cost me, I should be leaving a glowing review, not a bad one. I don't care how busy a restaurant is, they have expediters that should be checking this food over before it goes out, it should not be sitting in a window getting cold, especially when the owner himself is running food. I was very disappointed in my first and last visit here. If you go, check your food temp, that's all I have to tell you.
P.S., our server Gigi was spot on!

1  Thank Stacey G
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

This was our first time eating here. We had heard good things and decided to try it during Restaurant Week. During this week a lot of restaurants have fixed price, 3 course meals at a discount over the usual prices. We were seated immediately at our reservation time. The restaurant was maybe half full. The waitress took our drink order about 12 min after we were seated. Brought the drinks our about 15 min later. Mean while we are still waiting to order. She dropped the drinks off and said she would be right back but I had to signal her 10 min later and basically force her to take our order. It wasn't like she was helping another table either...she just disappeared. Once she took our order food came out in decent time. We ordered a bread basket as we were pretty hungry at this point. Pop-over was great and baguette good and served with nice creamy butter. For apps we had she crab soup, chicken lumpia, and shrimp. The soup was luke warm and thin/watery versus thick and creamy. Also a little too peppery but the big complaint was that it was barely warm. Lumpia was also just luke warm.
For dinner we had surf and turf which was good, crab cake that was described by the person eating it as "on point" , and the pork loin which was also very good. The mac and cheese that came with pork was barely warm but had good flavor and consistency. The veggies that came with the surf and turf were room temperature for the 2 people who ordered that meal. Drink were refilled very slowly thru out the meal. The restaurant filled up around the time our dinner came out and service actually seemed to improve as there was noticeably more wait staff. The desserts were the best part. The pot de creme chocolate was amazing, mile high key lime was divine, and bread pudding was declared "better than grandma's" which was high praise.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I went for restaurant week and had already looked at the menu online, they had both a $25 and $35 3 course. When we got there and sat down for our 6:15 reservation we were only given the $35 menu (I had planned to get something off of the other menu), our waitress didn’t come by for 10 minutes and we were ready but she could only take a drink order. I asked her if there was the other menu and she went and got it, but the items they had advertised weren’t on there as I was hoping for the shrimp and crab risotto. I was going to ask about it but the waitress was completely MIA. Ten minutes later we told her we were ready to order but she said she would get to us. Okkkkk 6:45 and we were still trying to order. Finally order and the food came out timely, was presented well, and tasted good. Our waitress needed some definite fine tuning. There weren’t very many people in there so the service wasn’t suffering because it was slammed. All food came out Luke warm which was disappointing, but otherwise delicious. I had the fantail shrimp as an appetizer, surf and turf as my entree, and bread pudding for dessert.