“Bad service but wonderful food”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I went for restaurant week and had already looked at the menu online, they had both a $25 and $35 3 course. When we got there and sat down for our 6:15 reservation we were only given the $35 menu (I had planned to get something off of the other menu), our waitress didn’t come by for 10 minutes and we were ready but she could only take a drink order. I asked her if there was the other menu and she went and got it, but the items they had advertised weren’t on there as I was hoping for the shrimp and crab risotto. I was going to ask about it but the waitress was completely MIA. Ten minutes later we told her we were ready to order but she said she would get to us. Okkkkk 6:45 and we were still trying to order. Finally order and the food came out timely, was presented well, and tasted good. Our waitress needed some definite fine tuning. There weren’t very many people in there so the service wasn’t suffering because it was slammed. All food came out Luke warm which was disappointing, but otherwise delicious. I had the fantail shrimp as an appetizer, surf and turf as my entree, and bread pudding for dessert.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We had a group of nine. They put us at a round table which was great but even though restaurant was not really busy they had us so close to other tables. Waitress really nice, and full of recommendations. The salmon was excellent, and so was the flat iron steak. Two of our group had the bread pudding and loved it. Would go back in a minute, they did not rush us, we had a geat time

Reviewed July 18, 2018

It advertises 5 star ambiance with hospital curtains and holes in the drop ceiling tiles. There were three of us there that night. We each had a three course meal. One thing out of six plates ended up having any flavor at all. Everything that came out was cold, including the soup. The manager is a horrific woman that lacks basic customer service skills. She made excuses about how busy it was, and the restaurant was half full. It had only been half full the entire two hours it took them to bring the food out. It took them 30 minutes just to find a bottle of wine that we ordered. I have never had a steak with no flavor before. Todd Jurich should probably buy his chefs some salt and pepper.

1  Thank jansley0001
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to try something new and found our way to Todd Jerich Bistro in downtown Norfolk. We ordered the fried shrimp appetizer. I tell you, it was the best fried shrimp I’ve had in a very long time.
Keeping with the seafood theme, I ordered the scallop special and was impressed with every bite. I haven’t tasted scallops this delicious since eating at The Chefs Table in Williamsburg.
Gordon who was our waiter was very attentive. We will certainly go again because the happy hour looked inviting and they are cigar friendly on the patio area.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018

This is a nice restaurant with friendly staff. It was busy and energetic, but the noise was not too loud. Our server was accommodating but not as attentive as expected. And the food was good, and portions were a nice size. The duck fat fries were great.

Date of visit: April 2018