“Nice wine list, disappointing food.”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 731 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped by the wine bar for a drink prior to a show at the Norva due to the reputation of the wine list. The list is very solid for an area restaurant and that was the highlight. The low light was the food which consisted of a bland bbq sliders and truffled mac and cheese which contained not even the slightest hint of truffle. The staff was fine, but a little understaffed for the crowd that was present. Would reccommend for anyone looking for a place to grab a glass of wine, but not for a meal.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to Todd Jurich's Bistro with my daughter, on the recommendation of a friend. When I arrived there were 2 other tables but overall the dining room was empty. The other tables finished and we were the only table in the dining room. I do not know if it is because it was lunchtime but my daughter had to go up to the server at his server station to have our drinks refilled. The server told my daughter she could substitute a side on the dish she was ordering but told me I could not make the same substitution. The food was ok, not great but not horrible. This was the worst service we have received at any restaurant in a very long time. It was restaurant week which should be a time to impress people trying new places so that they will come back. I was not impressed, but sadly disappointed. I had visited Vintage Kitchen earlier in the week and had great service and amazing food. I expected even better service and food from Todd Jurich's Bistro.

1  Thank Paula R
Reviewed July 19, 2013

An outstanding, though expensive, dining experience. It's the type of restaurant that you go to on special occasions. Great food, prepared to perfection, well presented and the service is outstanding due to personable and professional servers. Everyone deserves to be spoiled at least once a year and this is the place for it to happen.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I picked out this restaurant after reading positive reviews. The bar was packed when we arrived for 6 o clock reservations although the dining room was not crowded. There was a huge wine selection and we ordered a lovely bottle at a reasonable price. The beet salad was fresh and had a generous amount of goat cheese. The truffle ravioli appetizer was beautiful to look at and the pasta was excellent but the sauce seemed overly salty. The duck was perfectly cooked medium rare with a crisp exterior although again I found it too salty. My companion's fish was outstanding. She thought the bread pudding was good although not the best she has ever had. My banana pudding was good as well. For the price range of the meal I was slightly disappointed in the seasoning. The service was outstanding.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a most disappointing dinner experience. We ordered crab cakes, which turned out to be very small, compared to crab cakes we have eaten in other restaurants. The rest of this ala carte entrée consisted of a few pickle slices and a small portion of something called corn pudding. The vegetables we ordered in a side dish at an added cost were not what the waiter told us they would be; one of the vegetables was something we had never seen before-purple leaves which were bitter to the taste. If we had known what vegetables we would actually be getting, we would have chosen another side. Added to this was the absence of any bread-we had to order bread for which there was a charge. This amazed us because other restaurants where we have dined always provide bread without charge. To be fair, when we spoke to a manager about our dissatisfaction with the vegetable, she provided another small serving of vegetables at no charge, and we received a free dessert because we were celebrating a special occasion. These gestures were not nearly enough to salvage this visit. This mediocre dining experience surprised us, as we had dined at this restaurant several years ago when it was at another location and thoroughly enjoyed our meal then. Based on that earlier experience, we chose this restaurant again to celebrate our anniversary. We don’t mind paying premium prices for a premium dining experience, but not for a meal way below the standards of even average restaurants.