“Is it just me?”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 793 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place came highly recommended for upscale dining and fine cuisine. We were greeted hastily, quickly ushered to our table, drink orders rushed, and somehow I felt that I was judged by my 'cheapest glass on the wine list' wine choice -- it could just be me. Our waitress was less than thrilled with her job, apparently -- perhaps it was just 'one of those nights? The food was interesting and tasty, no complaints. It was the atmosphere and service that threw me. The decor is stained wood, modern retro, sterile. To me it could have just as easily doubled as a Doctor's office waiting room. This was compounded by the brown track curtain divider --just like in a hospital room. I wasn't entirely sure that there wasn't a minor medical procedure going on behind it. So for all the hype, it did not meet expectations for the price, ambience, and apathetic service. It appeared to be a 'see and be seen' type of establishment.

1  Thank maritimeloverNB

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We did not have reservations but were happy they had room, as three shows were in town. The sevice was excellent! The food is pricey. Goat cheese and roasted beets made my husband's salad. The house salad I ordered was rather tasteless despite the blue cheese dressing. Scallops were cooked perfectly with a nice risotto. Shrimp and grits had a flavorful sauce. Shrimp were large but salty. The bread pudding has changed. In the past it had currants but this time was made with golden raisins. Still good, but not as decadent as in the past. Again, our server was wonderful and very attentive to time constraints.

1  Thank clreed
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been out of the country for 8 months and couldn't wait to go to Todd's . Boy , has it changed . My steak was overcooked and when I mentioned it to the waiter , he` said it was the lighting . When I pay that much for a steak , I want to enjoy it .
My side of spinich was - salty and my mashed potato's were cold . In one word TERRIBLE .
I give 3 stars , since the bartender was so nice .

I won't be back

3  Thank Rob A
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What's happened to this place? Small over priced food. The quality was terrible compared to our last visit. Even the duck fat fries were disappointing, WAY too salty, which should have helped the flavor but did not. The whole place looks rundown and dirty. I will have to say that Green and Rob were a great start at the bar but everything was down hill after that. We will not be back to eat.

1  Thank Wine-Loves-Me
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am on a business trip and have spent considerable time traversing Norfolk's restaurant scene. I stopped at the front desk at the Marriott waterside and everyone agreed that Todd Jurricks was worth the walk. I started with the beet and goat salad. Very limited flavor. Next I has the special ahi tuna which was cooked perfectly rare. When I heard it was supposed to be pepper encrusted I thought it would have a kick. It did not. But it did have Emily who knew her menu, made solid recommendations, had impeccable timing and had a genuine smile and clearly cared for her customers. The food is good,not great but the service more than makes up for it!