“Serious Biscuits!”

Handsome Biscuit
Ranked #2 of 700 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are open 8am-2pm Tues-Sun. Let's Party!
San Diego, California
“Serious Biscuits!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stopped by to pick up some biscuits to go...good thing as there are only four tables. Very popular, place has a cool vibe and is probably quite a hit with the "morning after crowd". We got the Stevie, which is a fried chicken biscuit on a sweet potato roll. These things are huge, you only need one! Plenty of biscuit choices, even bigger...so bring your appetite. I tried the bread pudding for desert, not really good, would not try that again. The lemon bars seemed pretty popular.

• Visited May 2013

Moyock, North Carolina
“Excellent Innovative twist on Biscuits!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visited Handsome biscuit today after my friend told me about it. We arrived at 9:30 and discovered they don't open until 10. After our hour drive, we killed half an hour and went back! The place is set on 26th street, a little hole in the wall joint with 4 tables.

The decor was clean lines and simple, yet very inviting. Their menu is posted on the wall. After careful consideration, my husband and I decided on The Stevie, which is fried chicken on their sweet potato biscuit with what I think is house made pickles, whole grain mustard, and honey and he got the one with fried chicken, bacon, chedder, and gravy. Both were AMAZING but I preferred the Stevie!!! The flavors blended so well. The sweetness of the honey went so well with the pickles, and mustard. The chicken was moist and flavorful too. Next time I want to try the nutella, banana, and bacon!

The price was fantastic!! $12 for both our dishes and a drink. The portions were more than enough. I'm still full 4 hours later! I did try their house made sweet pea, parsley, pear drink and I could certainly do without it again. I guess its just not for me :)

Cleanliness: overall the place appeared to be clean, however I spilled something on the floor and wiped it up. At 10:30 in the morning the floors were quite dirty and had what appeared to be dog hair all over them? I could be wrong...but that's what I noticed small white hairs (only on the floor).

Don't get me wrong, we will be returning! The food was fantastic, the prices were great, and the service was amazing. The guy behind the counter...could be the owner was on it. Asked us how everything was, very personable, and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

• Visited April 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Loved the Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The restaurant is small, so we decided to have our order to go, but the food is amazing. Homemade hash browns were perfect and the Hella Fitzgerald biscuit was a favorite of everyone. This place is a must do when in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“Surprisingly Good for Quick Breakfast or Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our son was telling us how good the Hansome Biscuit was so we had to try it ourselves. We found the Sweet Potato Biscuits to be large & delicious. They have such a unique variety of delicious biscuit (sandwiches) available from egg, bacon, chicken, roast pork shoulder, & pork BBQ. They are very friendly and a popular stop for locals. They are very small with only four small tables for seating. The neighborhood is not the greatest being more business/industrial but it is well worth the stop!

• Visited March 2013
“The name says it all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Have been waiting for this tiny little place to open...WHAT is a Handsome Buscuit?!

Now I know, sweet potato biscuit sandwiches from heaven.

There is plenty of parking, but no seating (maybe 4 tables) and that is the only downfall.
I hope expansion is on the future (outdoor seating?) or at least know you will be taking your food home.

One my visit we shared our purchases. Hashbrown side was good.
Homemade Beet/mint soda was great (new soda flavor weekly, I think).
Sandwiches were fantastic. We had two with fried chicken. Great flavor and perfect crispness. One pulled pork, which just melted in your mouth. All on the biscuit, yum!
Bought a lemon bar dessert. Not your typical sweet on sweet lemon bar. Very savory and one of my new favorites!!!!

The restaurant, for now, is open Wed through Sunday, 10-2. However, once the biscuits are gone, Finito. So even if it is 10:01, if sold out you are out of luck... Get there early or you might be making a trip another day!