“my hamburger was tough...”
Review of 80/20 Burger Bar

80/20 Burger Bar
Ranked #51 of 704 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norfolk, Virginia
“my hamburger was tough...”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love the premise of the restaurant -home grown, healthy, home made. I just don't want to sacrifice taste, and I did. The hamburger was a nice size, but just not tender and juicy as I expected. I could not really eat it all because of the toughness, although the topping choices are abundant. My waitress forgot all of our crispy onions, so we were disappointed. The mozzarella sticks are heavenly though. Forgo the mac and cheese for sure - just hum drum with undercooked noodles.
The atmosphere is nice, but let's get some light over the inside tables. They do nothing for birthdays, which was a bummer for my newly turned 13 year old.

• Visited August 2013

Damascus, Maryland
“Wonderful food not so wonderful service!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

So my family and I have been wanting to come to this place since it opened. We finally had the chance and took it! Although I understand the need for a waiting area, what a massive waste of space!!!! They could fit at least 6 more tables on either edge of the waiting area and still have a decent waiting space!!!! They food was wonderful! I got a "that guy" burger which is a build it yourself deal. I got caramelized onions bacon lettuce and havarti cheese with the fine herb aioli and inlet fries. It was absolutely AMAZING! My table also got the pulled pork lettuce wraps and the chicken wings which were also very enjoyable! We did however have to wait quite a while for our drinks to come and to place our order!!!!! I think they need to work on there service and wait staff uniforms. For such gourmet food the servers are wearing jeans and tshirts and the host (a young man) was wearing a camo t-shirt with a ball cap to cover his enormous head of curly hair! I have worked in a restaurant myself and unfortunately the host/hostess is the first thing that people see so you want to make a good impression and have at least a decently groomed host/hostess there to greet people instead of a kid who looks like he hasn't had a haircut in a few years and is bouncing around his post. Just my opinion.

• Visited July 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“popular new spot”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was excited to try this new spot that is located where The Boot used to be. The menu is great! I had a tough time deciding which burger to get, and finally decided on the O'leary. Even harder to choose from are their fries with fresh spices or garlic on top. There is a nice waiting area with seating and bar tables if you have to wait for a table. I hope 80/20 sticks around and retains the crowd it has already attracted.

Visited January 2013
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Blah”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The atmosphere is kind of blah and the food is very unremarkable. I'm vegan so I had their veggie burger and hummus as an appetizer. Both were plain & average. They did have a good beer selection and quite a few local options. But there's really nothing about this place that would make me come back again.

• Visited February 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“One of the Best I've had...!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm generally a bit skeptical about anything with ground beef...normally I just don't eat it...but I have to admit, when 80/20 Burger Bar was recommended, I thought I'd give it a try. They source their meats and produce as locally as possible, they've got a very passable beer selection, and the food...the several times I've been so far (2), the food has been GREAT! The service is very reasonable as well...the waitstaff doesn't hover, but we weren't abandoned either...and the prices are reasonable as well for being located in the center of Ghent.
Overall, I will continue to go back. ;)

• Visited February 2013