“The line of cars say a lot”
Review of Cookout

Ranked #142 of 783 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Cookout is not the kind of place that I would dine without rave reviews. But, I passed this new restaurant and saw all of the cars lined up to get into the parking area. Every day was the same. My curiosity got the better of me, and I was pleasantly rewarded.

I ordered the ‘combo’ regular medium hamburger with lettuce, tomato and mustard. The order comes with a choice of two sides and I chose chili and onion rings. The order also comes with a fountain soda. My bill came to about $6 including tax.

The 3 onion rings were ‘ok’, about fast food average. The chili was ‘ok’ for chili as in a bowl of chili ... but would be great as hot dog chili. The soda was very flavorful (I mixed several flavors). And the hamburger was very good. It had a smoked grill flavor, juicy and not greasy. The lettuce was iceberg and the tomato slice covered the entire bun This is not a guess-what’s-in-it-burger that one gets from McDonald’s of Wendy’s. This is real beef.

I ordered another hamburger to take home and really critique it. This place is a best buy!

Been to Cookout? Share your experiences!