I can't add anything brilliant, but here are my observations after 3-4 visits over the years.
1. If you are staying near the light rail, take that. It is inexpensive, fast, and it stops immediately in front of the ballpark.
2. The Park is very attractive with good seats all over. If you take a seat a touch higher than field level, you will have a good view of shipping on the Elizabeth River and of the trains going by.
3. The food is fairly varied, but you will pay a ballpark price. A tallboy Corona can was $10.00, and the IPA from a local brewery was even higher.
4. The baseball quality (AAA) is very good. I have seen several of the Tides' players with the major league club in Baltimore.
5. Like most minor league sites, this park features many activities for kids between innings, such as sack races, dizzy bat, etc.
6. You should expect to be warm. At about 9pm, the temperature was in the high 80's with near 100% humidity.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.