“Very clean rooms and exceptional service.”

Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great room size, excellent service, and really good breakfast. Overall fantastic stay. They even served dinner on three of the nights of my stay which helped reduce the overall cost of my business trip. My room was almost the same size of my apartment while the bed linens and pillows were top notch and clean. Thanks again for a great stay at your property.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank srgilby
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear srgilby,

Thank you for review! We are serious about our service and our newly renovated product and I am glad you had such a great experience at the hotel. Our rooms are much bigger than my first apartment, that is for sure. Our bed linens and pillows are also brand new to round out the beautiful décor. We hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back "HOME" to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great hotel! The lobby was welcoming and immaculate, and the front desk staff was first-class. I stopped by several times - to borrow a basketball, to buy snacks, and to ask general questions, and everyone was helpful no matter how many requests I had. It was extremely impressive that the associate who checked me in remembered my last name when I came back to ask a question, and Denzel was great - he helped me out several times. The complimentary airport shuttle was at the front door five minutes after I requested it, and it was seamless and quick trip to the airport. Loved the basketball court and the workout room, and used both. My room was newly re-done, and well-appointed, and the breakfast was perfect. I'll be back. The hotel is a winner, and the team members are some of the most professional and personable I've met in a long time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TheChicagoNinja
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear TheChicagoNinja:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk. I printed your review and read it to everyone in our huddle this morning and we celebrated your comments! Our 15 minutes of training today was on personalized service, and the comments about our team remembering your name after check in was a true testament to that training.

Thank you very much for your business and we can't wait to have you back "HOME" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We checked into this location based on the reviews from previous travelers. I generally look for key reviews things like cleanliness, noise, staff, etc. The room was clean, beds were really comfortable, spacious (since we got the suite) and it was quiet the whole time. We booked closer to airport since we were in for the recent NATO Azalea Festival and wanted to avoid the congestion near the harbor hotels. Glad we chose this location. I generally select Marriotts whenever we can. We love the service, friendliness and especially the daily breakfast. My son loves the food selection and the waffles! Thanks for making this a pleasant and stress free visit to Norfolk.

Room Tip: Choose even rooms. Good view of airplanes coming, but won't hear them at all.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Charles D,

Thank you very much for the posting a review based on your experience with our hotel. We are glad you chose us too! We are close enough to the Downtown events, but far enough away to not be effected by the traffic. Our goal is THE problem free stay and providing our guests with service so memorable, that they tell stories about us. Thank you for telling everyone about your story.

Thank you for your business and we hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I totally. Totally. GET IT. I see why this hotel ranks so high on Trip Advisor! We just completed a 2 nite stay visiting family in the area, and I can say that I have found the hotel I will stay at every time we come down! I have stayed many places in Norfolk/VAB area and this one BY FAR is the best!

First off, what a DEAL! Using our AAA discount we were able to get a very nice, spacious 1 bedroom suite for a very good price! Other hotels in the area cost almost the same, but you get the most bang for your buck here!

The room: Very CLEAN! Very spacious! Timeshare quality. The 2 queen beds were perfect for our family! The mini-kitchen only got some use, but I can see using it much more in the future. The living room had a newer sofa which was comfy, and both the living room and bedroom had flat screen TVs. The ceilings were HIGH (which is such a treat in a hotel room!) and the room had nice light. There was plenty of closet space, something you don't see much in a hotel room. There was a small closet near the door and a larger closet near the bathroom. All of our things (and we don't travel light!) fit very nicely. I liked the color scheme because I like bold, vibrant colors. I also did not hear the planes although the airport was right next door, and I didn't hear my neighbors.

The bathroom: Water pressure was awesome (YAY!), the toilet was loud, and the only downside was wallpaper in the bathroom--I personally hate wallpaper in a bathroom. I did have to request more towels (only 3 towels and there were 4 of us), which we received promptly! I loved the amount of mirrors for both the sink and the closet.

The pool area: We were the only ones in the pool area. There are 2 ADA lifts to get in both the pool and the spa--we didn't need them but it was nice to see the accommodation. The pool water was a bit cold for my taste, but we eventually got in and had a great time! The hot tub was nice, not too hot. It was very clean and there were plenty of towels. (on a side note, a young teen came in and played the recorder/flute for a few minutes--he did a GREAT job and I just wanted him to know that!!!)

Breakfast: The breakfast had nice variety and was very delicious! On Easter morning a very nice lady dressed up as the Easter bunny and handed out little Easter eggs to the children, what a nice treat! She was great! We went near the end of the food service and they were still making sure there was plenty of food for us "late birds"! They do allow you to take the food back to your room, which is totally awesome because my children were still asleep on the second day and I didn't have to wake them up!

Everything else: Parking was plentiful! The fitness center also looked awesome, although we didn't use it this time. I wish we had stayed on the "even" numbered side so we could watch the planes land! My husband and kids loved seeing them land! The outdoor grounds are very well kept, and there were plenty of luggage racks/carriers. I met the famous Denzel--yes, he really is amazing! EVERYONE was kind, welcoming, and we really felt at home. I missed his name, but the gentleman working in the kitchen area in the morning--he went around making sure everyone was all set, making small conversation--he was pretty awesome too!

Overall: The Residence Inn Norfolk is AMAZING! I'm even signing up for Marriott rewards points because we enjoyed the stay, and I know we will be back here again! To the very happy lady working at the desk when we checked out (Monday at 11:30am)--you rocked, high five again, our stay was fantastic! Thank you!

Room Tip: Seems the even numbered rooms are facing the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RudeeRu
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear RudeeRu:

Wow. I don't think I could have written a better review myself. I am so proud of my staff and the service they deliver, and the beautiful product that my ownership has renovated us with. Thank you so much for such a detailed review. I will be your review first thing tomorrow morning in our huddle. I love to highlight all of the associates that inspired guests like yourself to write about them so the world can know what they accomplish. We are a very tight knit family here at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, and we are glad to call you a part of our family as well.

Whenever you are in the Norfolk area, you always have a place to call "HOME" with us.

Signed the very happy lady at the desk during check out,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I can't say much else about my stay than what Lori, Bianca, and Christi (the general manager) already know about my stay.

There are people who take advantage of businesses like the residence inn. In this case, there were about 20 to 25 people trying to stay in one double-suite to utilize the pool, barbeque, business area, and bar for a birthday party. These facilities provided at the hotel are in fact top notch, but the people who were taking advantage of them were not the clientele you want in a hotel. They were rude, loud, ignorant, mean, and 18 of them were children under the age of 11. THERE WAS A LOT OF NOISE. Most of which was coming from the adults who managed to secure the reservation. The adults got drunker, louder, and more threatening as the night went on, and without skipping a beat, Lori and Bianca, the poor unfortunate souls who happened to be working that night, aggressively pursued these "clients" and notified them of their violations of noise, fire, and safety codes. By 8pm, I didn't hear a peep out of that room.

The story gets better. Christi, the general manager, contacted me personally to let me know that these clients had been denied an additional stay, were banned from the hotel, and to thank me for making sure that I let Lori and Bianca know (in writing) that they made my stay infinitely better.

If you have to stay at any hotel, there's a chance you're going to run into horrible people who can only think of themselves and ABSOLUTELY RUIN public places for everyone else. In the case of the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, the staff was more than happy to go WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure that the offending patrons were removed and disciplined.

I hope the people who caused the problems are never allowed in public again, but above all else, I hope Lori, Bianca, and Christi are forever remembered as the best customer service providers I've ever encountered. They deserve any accolades they can be nominated for, because they made my stay relaxing, quiet, fully accommodated, and comfortable. I can only imagine the quality of work the behind-the-scenes staff (housekeeping and maintenance) put into making sure this hotel is as wonderful as I experienced.

If you read one review of any hotel in Norfolk, VA, I hope this is it. This hotel is worth 5 times the amount I paid, and I can't wait to have the opportunity to stay with them again.

Room Tip: If you get noisy neighbors, and want quiet, CALL THE FRONT DESK! THEY WILL HELP!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Justin N,

I can not thank you enough for everything you have done for us. You are an honorary member of the family.

Please keep in touch with me and my T.E.A.M. with your travels! Be safe and come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

One of the best hotels I have been in terms of cleanliness. The studio room was like being in our own home away from home. Friendly staff and ready to help you right away. They offer breakfast every day and dinner on Mondays and and Wednesdays. They had italian and western theme style meals for dinner. Great breakfast with an array of fresh fruit, waffles, cereal, bakery breads, scramble eggs, canadian bacon, potatoes, yogurts, fresh and hot oatmeal, coffee, herbal teas and fresh juices. The food in both breakfast and dinner were very tasty and fresh. The business office had two computers and the printers were working and ready to print. They could use new computers, but for a few days this served me very well. The exercise room is well equipped and spacious, great place to work out!! The pool is the only place that needs a little attention as the water was a little cloudy and it was cold. Over all this is a great hotel, I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Zainosz:

Thank you very much for posting a review of your experience at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I appreciate the time to let us know what you liked about our hotel and how we can improve! We have just switched our pool system from Chlorine to Salt, so the computer system takes a little time to pump the correct solution into the pool after a lot of usage. We are clear today! I am sorry if it was a little cloudy during your stay. I have also asked my Chief Engineer to adjust the temperature of the pool to make it more acceptable with the unseasonably cold weather we keep experiencing.

I will share your comments with my staff tomorrow in our morning meeting. We hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back "HOME" to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, and allow our T.E.A.M. provide you with great service you can rely on.

Christi Moran

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed this past weekend at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport hotel with 8 students and 14 adults. Each person I talked with had a great stay and loved how friendly and clean the rooms were. I have booked many trips for student groups and this was our best one yet. The staff was freindly, welcoming (even though we had 8 students), and even asked what time we needed breakfast ready the next morning. We were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed waking up to the sounds of birds chirping outside the bedroom windows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear jxcxw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I can not thank you enough for the kind words that you and your group shared regarding your stay with us! I will share your wonderful comments with my team, I am happy to hear that all of your encounters with our staff were memorable. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

Thank you very much for your business! We want to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

At your service,