“As Always "The Best"”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Tampa, Florida
“As Always "The Best"”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I love the residence Inn Norfolk VA. I stay here every chance I get..

All of the staff are welcoming and attentive. Christi,Lori and Rachel the Managers are always cheerful. Front desk staff Cheryl and Taquita make me feel very special and welcomed. I don't drive so Supervisor Mike and the courtesy van staff Armando,Tiquan and Stephanie will drive me to work and pick me up from the Airport.

Later in the day after work as a consultant and Bianca and Denzel's smiles warm me. Then I eat in the hotels clean dining area and Dan and the entire kitchen staff Janice,Thelma and Robert prepare meals that make me really feel at home. Late night if I go out for a night on the town Eric will make sure I am safe and secure in my room.

My rooms are always neat and clean... I cant say anything else except I love this hotel and will come here when in Norfolk VA for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: 4th floor is my favorite
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
MsJones667:

Your review is a testimony to how lucky we are to have the TEAM we do at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We take our product and service very seriously. Not only are we coworkers, we are a family, and I am glad you allowed us to welcome you in to that family.

Thank you very much for your loyalty, business, and heart.

You will always have a place to call HOME at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Always!

Christi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Our stay was very outstanding and accomodating. Also a big Thanks goes out to Denzel at the front desk on his professionalism and helpfulness on making our visit enjoyable for the whole family. The breakfast was ok except that the french toast was doughy.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear JoeP:

I appreciate the time you took to recognize an amazing associate! Like the rest of our TEAM, Denzel takes his customer service very seriously! I am so glad you enjoyed your encounters with him and he inspired you enough to post a review! I will also address your comments about the french toast with my Food and Beverage Manager tomorrow in our morning meeting. Next visit, I will make you a yummy waffle! We hope the next time you are back in our area, you will chose to come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Manteo, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel boasts excellent amenities, and is located right next to the airport. Allowing me to park my car at the hotel instead of long-term parking was definitely a plus!
Staff were impressively friendly and helpful, and the facility was more than expected!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear CBPlante3:

Sounds like another satisfied customer! We appreciate the time you took to fill out a review for our hotel. We are excited that you enjoy our T.E.A.M. members as well as our fresh new look as we have just renovated our entire hotel.

Thank you very much for your business! We want to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This Residence Inn is very clean, with friendly staff, great accommodations and amenities. I was greeted with a welcome and smile every time I went by the front desk. Cheryl and Bianca were always eager to help make my stay more comfortable. This hotel served a great (free) breakfast every morning, with delicious hot foods (eggs, sausages, potatoes, etc), as well as cereals, yogurts, and other continental breakfast foods. The fitness room was great, and I used it every day without waiting for a treadmill or elliptical machine. A nice billiard table near the front lobby helped make a relaxing evening. The hotel is located near a Walmart, Target, and a large shopping mall, and many other areas to shop and eat. Evening socials at the hotel also provided good (free) food, as well. I'll be staying here every time I come to Norfolk. I can't say enough about the friendly staff. Thanks Cheryl and Bianca!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Lanisi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I appreciate the detail in your experiences with our hotel, especially with the team members that made your stay so memorable that you had to tell others about it!

I have already printed your survey and read it to Cheryl! I will do the same with Bianca! I will also read your review to the entire staff in our morning huddle!

Thank you again. We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk Area!

Richmond
Reviewed March 3, 2014

There are plenty of hotels around the Norfolk Airport, but this is the best. A great location, right off I-64, close to the airport and right down the street from dozens of restaurants on Military Highway. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite with a fireplace in the living room, a nice surprise. The staff continued to be very helpful over the 4 days we were there. Nice breakfast every morning and a full dinner served mid-week in the evening. Plenty of free parking was also a plus.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear TexasNorthTraveler:

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I am pleased you enjoy your stay and that we were able to upgrade you to a Two Bedroom Suite with a fireplace, I am sure it made the cold weather we are experiencing a little more cozy. I have printed off your review and will read it in my morning huddle today to highlight another win!

Thank you very much for your business and we know the next time you are in Norfolk, we will see you back "HOME" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!

safe travels,

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Residence Inn provides clean, quiet, spacious, suites with many comforts of home close to the airport. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle that is responsive. I have stayed at every other hotel close to Norfolk Airport and this one is the best by far. The only drawback is that the hotel does not have a restaurant. However, acceptable restaurants are within easy walking distance so that this problem can be easily overcome if you do not have access to a car during your stay at this hotel.

Green Features: This is part of the Marriott group. They give you choices to reduce environmental impact. I like that.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear biztraveler27949:

Your review's title is our number one mission! We strive to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area!

I have printed your review and will share it with my entire staff! Thank you very much for your kind words! Should you ever have a problem reserving a room, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. You will always have a place to stay at your home away from home, the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Thank you for your business and loyalty!

Belleview, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Norfolk with our 2 daughters to visit our son at the navy base. We don't travel a lot so while planning our trip we did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews, checked pricing and had to have enough room for 5. I came across the Residence Inn in Norfolk 6 miles to base 2 miles to airport, lots of restaurants, everything centrally located, and no hidden fees like everyone else charging up to $20 a night to park at there hotel. Not the Residence Inn free parking. While staying in the Residence Inn we ran across the most nicest, kindest, sweetest people you've ever ran into . We were there for 4 days and the staff would do anything to accommodate and always acknowledging you in passing. While there we had some problems with our sons truck we ended up at the repair shop where we called to see if they could pick us up they were there in minutes took us back later to pick up vehicle. We decided to repair ourselves they took us to auto part store, offered to have there own families bring us some tools if needed and had no trouble with us doing the repairs in there parking lot. I mean wow over and beyond super nice people running this establishment . The day staff at front counter Denzel awesome guy, night staff front counter Cheryl awesome lady. Even the maintenance worker Bob that would do anything to help show you around and tell you what's what around town. And that sweet little cleaning lady what a doll....Really nice rooms 2 queen beds in an actual bedroom, fold out couch, kitchen table and a whole set up in kitchen, gym, pool, hot tub, but best part a fireplace in lobby that is 2 sided and is also on patio where you can sit have a drink and a nice place for that cigarette. And a wide variety of a complimentary breakfast a big spread of everything and you don't have to be there at the crack of dawn they keep it stocked fresh all morning. As I know I will be returning to Norfolk many more times I didn't even bother to look for any other places while I was there as we have found our place. We will be returning to the Residence Inn. I recommend this place to anyone. I also don't really write reviews but I sure thought everyone needed to know this is one of them places

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear TreaD2014:

Thank you very much for your very kind and detailed review of your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I printed your review for all of our associates to see, and read it in our morning huddle.

It is music to my ears that you have found your home away from home at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, while visiting our area.

It is my pleasure to call you an honorary family member! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your return, and I will personally make your reservation for you!

Thank you very much for your business and loyalty,