“Denzel was great”

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Fairfield CT
“Denzel was great”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and son, with his friend stayed here for a night while they attended a nearby soccer tournament. They had a blast. Denzel was a huge help and told them where a nearby skate park was. He even skated with my son and his friend! The boys played pool in the evening and loved it. Great room and close to everything with a good breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2013
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. We appreciate your comments greatly. We have celebrated your comments with Denzel (Our Skating Star) whom you have so graciously highlighted. It is great to know that your experience with us was a great one and that your family had a wonderful time. We strive to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk Area and we look forward to having you come back "HOME',

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

From a sign at the front desk of new furniture and carpeting, it seems a renovation is about to happen at this property. That's good, because our room was pretty well worn...carpets were tattered, pulling up from the floor, and had cigarette burns in the room we got. Furniture was fairly well worn and stained. Linens did not cover the box spring on the beds and those were stained as well. We didn't complain as the room rate was in line for a hotel that is due to be renovated, but it was substandard for what I expect from a Marriott property as a frequent Marriott traveler (gold level).

The lobby was in much better shape, with a nice gas fireplace. Billiards table and quiet reading room are just off lobby.

The swimming pool was somewhat gross. Water was cloudy. Did not appear to have been cleaned for a couple of days as there things like hair bands sitting on the bottom of the pool. Temperature could not have been anywhere close to the posted 82 degrees, which made me wonder when that info was posted and if the posted Ph levels were correct. Jets in the whirlpool did not work. Just appeared to be a neglected area in terms of maintenance. Plenty of towels, though.

One BR suite was large, but furniture was awkwardly placed. This was a problem in the bedroom, where a bed was in the path of the bedroom door. We couldn't close the door without shoving the bed over a couple of inches.

On the plus side, the shower in our room was excellent. Great water pressure, probably the best of any hotel I've stayed at, and the hot water was instant. The hot breakfast buffet was very, very good. I am a Hilton Hhonors convert and the Residence Inn breakfast is far superior to what the Hampton Inn chain usually offers. Breakfast staff was extremely friendly with all guests, and frequently asked people if there was anything they needed (then got it for them if asked).

Convenient location to get to nearby highways, but there is nothing in walking distance if you want to get a meal nearby...you'll have to drive.

Extremely friendly check in staff, I think I had the Denzel dude everybody is raving about below.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DCA
Dear DCA,

Thank you so very much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! It is very important to all of us here at the Residence Inn to hear about our guest experiences. We are very much in the middle of a major renovation which includes; New Carpet, Wallpaper, New Art Work, New Lighting, New Drapes and much more for our Guest Rooms, Our Public areas will have New Lobby Furniture, Fitness Center will have New Equipment and much, much more that I am proud to say will be Phenominal! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and that all the Associates made a lasting impression.

We strive to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in our area. I will share your great comments with the Associates and we hope to see you back "HOME" again and hopefully see all the wonderful changes once our renovations are complete.

Washington, DC
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel!! Denzel at the front desk was very professional!! He greeted us with a smile and made arrangements for us to have an early check in. He was very helpful in upgrading our room to a two bedroom suite for the night. The continental breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly!!! We were in town celebrating my birthday and this hotel was in close proximity to the waterfront and area malls. We will definitely come back in the future!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ailsa B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. We appreciate your comments greatly. We have celebrated your comments with Denzel and the Breakfast Staff whom you have so graciously highlighted. It is so great to hear that you experienced a warm welcome and you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. We strive to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk Area!

Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to see you come back "HOME" on your next visit to the Norfolk area.

Rachel C
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Your customer service was excellent! Denzel was a very respectable young man! I would recommend this hotel to all friends and family! I have stayed at many hotels in my life but this one is the best of them all! I have stayed at this location a few times in the past. Every visit has been better then the last! Please keep up the good work and try to keep your rate competitive for valued customers such as myself.

• Stayed November 2013
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Christian567:

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such an excellent review of your last stay. We want to continue to keep getting better for your our valued guest! We strive to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in our area. I will share your great comments with our entire staff. I will personally read your response to Denzel. I am glad that he made such an impression with his service, that you mentioned him by name. We take service very seriously here at the Residence Inn Norfolk! The next time you are in our area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and we will take great care of you again, again, and again.

Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the time I walked in the front door, until I checked out, the staff was great. The rooms were nice and clean. I've traveled over the years and stayed in 4-5 star hotels but never expected the customer service I received this past weekend. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Sherri J,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your stay at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I am so happy to hear that we were able to ensure your comfort and exceed your expectations from arrival to departure.

St James, North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Enjoyed an restful stop on my business trip at this Residence Inn. The facilities were first class and I was assisted during my stay with great directions from Denzel!
I will certainly use this hotel on my next visit to Norfolk. This hotel is centrally located for the airport and area fun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear IslandDavechilling,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. We appreciate your comments greatly. We have already celebrated your comments with Denzel whom you have so graciously highlighted. We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk Area!

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "HOME" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!

Baxter, Minnesota
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good service and gracious front desk staff. They will shuttle within 5 mile radius without any problem.
Denzel was very helpful. All staff friendly and ready to help.
Shuttle service available 24 hours/day

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Anne P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. We appreciate your comments greatly. We have already celebrated your comments with our entire team as well as Denzel that you have so graciously highlighted. We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk Area!