Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsnorfolk airporttwo bedroom suitefront desksocial hourearly flightlong staya great stayhome away from homeshuttle servicethe hotel manageryogurtvirginia beachbit datedconvenient locationhot breakfastwill stay there againwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my first stay at RI Norfolk Airport, and it was great! I always worry about noise when staying next to an airport, but it was very quiet. It's in a great location right off I-64 on Military Hwy, with many restaurants and shops nearby. Front desk staff took special care to place me in the right room, being a single female traveler. Breakfast was standard for RI, always enjoyable. A light meal is provided Monday through Wednesday nights which is good, as eating out alone is no fun! Dining area is currently being renovated but there were no issues. Room was clean, I love having the separate bedroom and living room, makes it feel more like home. All staff were friendly, saying hi whenever they saw me. I travel weekly around the state and will definitely stay here again when back in Norfolk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NicoleS0907
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Nicole S0907,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review: "Great Business Stay!" The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport strives to be your only choice for lodging needs in our area. With a review like Great Business Stay, gives us many opportunities to also serve other Business Travelers that may visit the Norfolk area. Our staff is always delighted to know that they have ensured our valued guests with comfort and safety.

Thank you very much for your business! Should you need to set up accommodations for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will take good care of you.....AGAIN!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been coming to Norfolk for several years but this is the first time I have stayed here. This stay has been very pleasant and I will stay here in the future. It is clean and quiet and the staff is pleasant and enthusiastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Bill W:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review: "Clean, Quiet, and Nice!" We appreciate that you have choices for lodging when in Norfolk, the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport strives to be your only choice for lodging needs in our area. With a review like Clean, Quiet, and Nice, looks like we may have winning combination.

Thank you very much for your business! Should you need to set up accomodations for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will take good care of you.....AGAIN!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I usually stay at La Quinta on Military Highway but due to their rapid increase in rates I checked my trusty Marriott membership and discovered Residence Inn just a block away. Upon entering the hotel you can see the upscale appearance and well dressed smiles behind the counter. I was greeted with generous amounts of laughter and enthusiastic energy that they (staff) was truly appreciative that I was staying at their hotel.

The rooms are suites and very well maintained. With a full kitchen and separate bedroom it was like a small apartment with a bonus pull out sleeper.

Give this hotel a try! The complimentary breakfast will definitely show other chains how breakfast should be done. Bravo to the hotel staff!

Room Tip: If you have kids or do laundry it is located on the third floor so get a room closer to the lobby near pool and elevators. Also, Norfolk has CRAZY taxes that will run you close to $20.00 dollars a day so budget accordingly. Sales and Meals that running at 13% in Norfolk and 13.5% in Hampton. Time to vote in fiscally conservative Ward members!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear NorthernVirgin1a:

Thank you very much for your very nice review of the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I greatly appreciate the time you took to rate our services so that other travelers venturing to our area will know what to expect when they select our hotel! I will share your comments with our entire staff tomorrow in our daily huddle!

We hope that we have now become your only choice for lodging in the Norfolk area!

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "Home" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at here while visiting our son and his family over Labor Day weekend. Even though it is 20 minutes from VA Beach it was a good option due to the price. Plus, we weren't there to go to the beach. The one bedroom suite for a little over $100 a night after taxes and fees on Priceline was a great deal. Specially considering the "roach motel" on the beach was $200+ a night.
The pool was great for our three year old granddaughter to play in and the free breakfast was really good as a free breakfasts get. Unless, of course, you are at a bed and breakfast.
The only complaint I have about the property is that only 3 of 7 machines worked in the fitness center.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tipton_Mike:

We are pleased to hear that our price and food was just right while visiting your family in our area! I am glad you were able to spend some quality time with your granchild in our hotel. The full kitchens and living areas you mentioned in the title of your review is a standard in every room and we have just about rounded up our guest room renovations. We hope that you enjoyed the new look!

I will have our Chief Engineer check the fitness center equipment to see if he can make some adjustments. We are expecting new equipment very soon to complete our renovations. I apologize greatly if this took you out of your routine.

We thank you very much for your business and hope to see you back home to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport when you find yourself back in our area!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I often choose the Residence Inn for its design and amenities for both personal and business travel. It always feels like home. This location had a billiard table--first time I've ever seen that in this brand. This visit was just my wife and I, but we will be bringing the kids with us on our next trip and staying here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jasonbulger
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear jasonbulger:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. We are glad you were able to enjoy the billiard room, it is one of the many amenities that makes us different from other Residence Inn's. We are happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and can not wait to have the entire family with us upon your return. Loyal, happy customers serviced by friendly, well trained associates is what we pride ourselves on.

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "Home" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport soon!

sincerely,