Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
$148
$129
$125
  • Pool
All reviewsnorfolk airporttwo bedroom suitefront desksocial hourearly flightlong staya great stayhome away from homeshuttle servicethe hotel manageryogurtvirginia beachbit datedconvenient locationhot breakfastwill stay there againwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here in mid-June and it was very enjoyable. The room was nice, although we were in an older and not-yet-remodeled one, so I imagine the renovated rooms are particularly nice. Requested a first floor room upon arrival and got it. Staff is excellent. Christy (sp?) at the front desk suffers from apparently boundless exuberance (I am sorry to have forgotten the name of another young lady who was also very nice and responsive). The chef and other kitchen staff were great and food was very good (generally the RI food is pretty standard but the chef tries to keep it interesting). My one brief chat with housekeeping on the way out was very pleasant and entirely concerned with the quality of my stay. Saw the comment about the bed--our older room had a pretty thin mattress and I had low expectations but actually slept great--hard thing to grade objectively.

Room Tip: My understanding was that upper floors are being renovated first, so if having a new room is a big deal, stay higher up. Didn't hear any renovation noise during the stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TomK959
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Tomk959:

Thank you very much for the time you took to review the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. I greatly appreciate the time you took to acknowledge every department. And yes, I am known for my level of energy :)

At this time, all of our rooms are on the same renovation pace. We have received the new carpet, fresh accent wall paint, all furniture has been refinished, and new vinyl. We have now received our shipment of new ergonomic desk chairs!

You can expect the following items with in the next couple of months to be completed project at at time:
Guest Rooms:

New Dining Area concepts with a fresh modern look

New Carpet

New Vinyl

And New Fitness Center Equipment with the addition of free weights

I will share all of your wonderful comments with the entire team and post your comments on our bulletin boards. I use feedback as real world training during our daily huddles.

We hope that the next time you are in our area you choose to come “HOME” to the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport! We strive to be your only choice for lodging in the Norfolk Area. Our unique culture, passion for service, and refreshed product, create a place where guests like you prefer us. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any future reservations; it would be my pleasure to assist.

Thank you very much for your business, and have a super day!

at your service,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Over memorial weekend, myself and family (husband and 2 daughters) stayed at the hotel while visiting my sister before her deployment. The staff was so friendly and courteous, for I called to the front desk to see if it would be okay to have my sister and another officer over to use the pool and basketball court before their deployment and they were very welcoming. Also, we don't allow housekeeping to come clean our room (we advised the housekeeper that it our responsibility to clean up after ourselves), we simply get new sheets and towels. Well the housekeeper was out of wash cloths and hand towels; she said she would bring it back, however, 20 minutes later we had to leave. Thankfully, when returning that evening, the washcloths and hand towels were placed in our room on the chair and as requested nothing else was touched. Another positive, the hotel is right down the road from a strip of stores and restaurants.

Unfortunately, there were two downsides... the breakfast and mattress. The breakfast offered was quite decent, however, if you don't get there at least an hour before the ending you will end up with barely anything. And the beds...they were absolutely horrible! Every morning my husband and I woke up in pain due to the mattress. As well, the pillows just sunk in as soon as you laid on them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Regina H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear dallen23,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Your kind words regarding our staff is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with the team. I am glad we were able to accomodate you and your guests to allow for a good visit.

At this time, we are excited to be undergoing renovations to our guest rooms which include new beds and bedding! This will allow for a better night rest for our guests. I can understand the importance of a comfortable bed while traveling with your family.

I will speak with our staff members regarding maintaining our breakfast buffett. During our peak season, we experience a high volume of guests and do our best in ensuring there is enough food in which everyone will be able to enjoy our breakfast.

I would like to thank you for your business and we hope to you will visit us in the future to experience our new and fresh products in our guest rooms and throughout the hotel.
Regina H

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was a great one night experience. My flight was delayed and so I arrived to the hotel around 2am. The night auditor (I forget his name) was very friendly and took care of me quickly. The hotel is going through a renovation, which I was surprised at because it doesn't look very old!

The rooms are great, large and clean. Since it was only one night, I didn't need the extra space of a one bedroom suite, but it's nice to have if you're with your family. Comfortable bed, and lots of tv channels which I appreciate.

Wireless Internet was quick and easy to use.

In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was set up and ready to go. I like the fresh cut fruit and other healthy options.

Overall, as a business traveler, I look for friendly and efficient staff, fast Internet and a clean room. I got all three plus more at this hotel. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Sleep_NH
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Sleep_NH,

Thank you for your kind words about the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. We take great pride in our hotel and our people, in turn they take great care of our guests! We strive to be your number one choice for lodging needs in Norfolk.

We hope to see you again soon!

At your service,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed there overnight for one night for a business trip. It has one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I got there after the evening reception so I was not able to take advantage of that but I was able to buy a drink from their little shop, that was a plus!! Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff was fvery helpful, specially their new driver who just got to the U.S. from the phillippines a few months ago, he was extremely friendly!!! All in all, a great experience. Keep p the great work, will definitely stay tehre again.

Room Tip: They have a complimentary full breakfast, can't go wrong with that!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear franmat1:

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable beds and that you found our staff to be friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with Renato and the entire team! We hope the next time you find yourself back in our area, you choose to come back home to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Thank you very much for your business!

At your service,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff was wonderful, from the front desk to housekeeping. Everyone greeted us and when ever we needed anything they were so accommodating. Everything was so clean. We need extra linen and someone litterally came right up to help us.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Ahaayer:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. We take great pride providing our guests the service they deserve. We appreciate your comments about our cleanliness! While undergoing renovations, this has been one of our top priorities! Coordinating with many vendors for; carpet, wall paper and paint, it can be a difficult task to keep on top of. I will definitely share your comments with my staff to commend them on a job well done!

We hope the next time you come to our area, you choose to come back home to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!