Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
$119
Hampton.com
$143
  • Pool
All reviewsnorfolk airporttwo bedroom suitefront desksocial hourearly flightlong staya great stayhome away from homeshuttle servicethe hotel manageryogurtvirginia beachbit datedconvenient locationhot breakfastwill stay there againwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel is excellent! We stayed three nights. By the second morning, the staff knew our names and the purpose for our visit. They kept asking us how things were going and if there was anything they could do to further accommodate us. They felt like friends rather than employees. Cheryl, the night manager, even joined us in karaoke when she wasn't busy. That was a real treat for us.

Breakfast was wonderful - not cold bagels, boiled eggs and dry cereal like some other hotels. I had a begian waffle one day and an omlette the next. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, and modern. One of the previous travelers made mention of the plane noise but we never heard any of it. I guess it depends on what side of the building you are on. We never had to ask twice for anything. The hotel staff even rearranged the furniture for us to better accommodate our particular needs for the sitting room.

If I could add one suggestion, it would be to serve cookies at night. I no longer stay at the Hilton due to several bad experiences we have had, but that is one thing they have on you guys. Every night they would have a fresh batch of cookies in the lobby. There's nothing like a chocolate fix in the evening.

Thanks so much for all you do. Your staff is ABSOLUTELY to be commended for the way they handle travelers. You have a beautiful facility, and we will definitely visit you again.

Room Tip: Ask for ear plugs at the desk if you think the airplane traffic will bother you, but to be honest, we never heard it.
1  Thank Debbie M
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. I could not have written a better description of our hotel especially on your compliment to the staff & the service they provided. Thank you so much for selecting the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport and we do hope your travels bring you back to the Norfolk area. I will look into incorporating your "cookie" suggestion on the nights we do not have social event. It is our mission to give a "Home Away from Home" experience to each of our guests and you can count on us in delivering that experience in all of your stays with us. Delivering "service so memorable" makes our guests tell stories about us ... we hope your entire party/family had that memorable experience.

We hope that you will keep us in mind on your next visit to the Norfolk area.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

If you're looking for a hotel with reasonable rates and with out having to pay for any amenities near the Norfolk Airport, look no further. Free internet, free parking, free hot breakfast, free 24 hour shuttle service, superb customer service, and a friendly atmosphere is what I consider any mid to upscale hotel should be for any traveler, business or leisure. Hilton hotels should take notes on how a hotel should be run and properly staffed. The staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasurable, entertaining, and stress free. My family and I stayed here end of February to celebrate a surprise 50th birthday party for my Sister. I cannot thank the staff enough for all their help to ensure we had a great time. This hotel is clean and well appointed. The suites are nice as well. I will definately stay here again.

2  Thank Karen B
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport and the amenities we have to offer. It is such a great feeling to hear heartfelt comments from our guests knowing somehow we have provided you with the Residence Inn's way of "Home Away from Home" experience.

I have shared your comment to our entire staff to inspire them more in giving great customer service. We are all appreciative of your compliments and grateful for guests like you.

We hope that you will always keep us in mind on your future travels to the Norfolk area.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We had a family birthday party and stayed at this hotel. I never felt so much at home before. Everyone at this hotel including day shift, evening shift were exceptional to us. We were greeted daily by all staff. The food area was great. It was nice not to have to go out to a rest raunt for breakfast and an evening meal. Rooms were very comfortable. Everything we needed was on site. Nice location at airport. Thank you Cheryl for our evening entertainment with Kareoke! we ran the battery down to nothing with our talent:) Cheryl made a comment to me that made my weekend! She treats everyone as if they were her family and that was immense for me to hear after a very awful stay at a Hilton hotel in Milwaukee. Thank you everyone at the Residence Inn! no question when I return to Norfolk I will be staying with you!

4  Thank masarigirl

We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Norfolk Airport. The comforts of our guests is our priority and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is one of the great assets we have on top of the several amenities the hotel has to offer. We are also thankful that you enjoyed the "Karaoke Night" --- I'm glad that we can showcase some of the hidden talents of our staff.

Please keep us in mind next time you are in the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I could not hope for a better experience in a hotel stay. The staff were all friendly and courteous throughout the entire stay. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The staff were understanding when we explained the purpose of our visit which was to celebrate our sister's 50th birthday. To do this we had to stage a Caribbean adventure complete with pool and palm tree! No problem for the staff! The daily breakfast selections were excellent and 24 hour shuttle service a bonus as some of us arrived at a very late hour. The Monday night social hour was awesome and complete with Karaoke. We will definitely stay here again!!!!!

3  Thank carolg612

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport and somehow made your dreams come true. The entire staff were thrilled when I shared your generous compliments. We are all appreciative and grateful for guests like you. We are proud of our service and the amenities we have to offer to ensure we are giving each of our guests the "Home Away from Home" experience.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

The service from the front desk morning crew was excellent. Takita took the time to find the office I was looking for and then told me how to tell the other shuttle drivers how to get to the office. This was especially helpful since I was new to that part of Norfolk. Mike doubles as an engineer and renaissance man. It is worth the trip to have a conversation with Mike about the state of the world.

The afternoon and evening shuttle driver is quiet but friendly and very helpful. I found the entire staff to be humble and helpful. The hotel property is clean and the breakfast oatmeal is the best I have had, especially when you compare it to buffet oatmeal that is more expensive.

The price is reasonable. Although it is difficult to walk anywhere near the hotel because there are no sidewalks, the shuttle is available for rides anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tomm140
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

I have shared your comment to our entire staff to inspire them more in giving great customer service. They were thrilled that you have mapped out details of your stay and interaction with the staff. We are all appreciative of your compliments and grateful for guests like you.