“The best hotel in Virginia!!!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My family and I had the most wonderful stay at this hotel! They went beyond my wildest expectation! Everyone was so accommodating and very professional! I definitely recommend staying at this hotel! You will have the experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Ferdsperez
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott-Norfolk Airport. We are glad that you & your family had a wonderful time during your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff to inspire them more in delivering "service so memorable" to all of our guests.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you for making the Residence Inn by Marriott-Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were hit by hurricane Irene. lost power. Not only was it a place to stay but the staff made a stressful event into a relaxing and comfortable stay. they were all so solicitous of or comfort and needs. Room was spacious and clean ,bed... slept like a cloud, full equipped kitchen made it affordable. full breakfast delicious. indoor pool allowed granddaughter to swim in comfort and safety. Our stay started under stressful circumstances but the great staff and accommodations turned our three day stay into a mini holiday. We will be back! Would recommend to all. Thanks staff of the airport Norfolk Marriott residence inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites with kitchens if you use the pool ask for a room up front.
1  Thank Pamela G
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel, the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. Our goal is to provide "Service So Memorable" and I am so pleased that we were able to turn a stressfull situation into a pleasant experience during Hurrican Irene.

On behalf of the staff at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport we look forward to your return visit. We will always be here for you and your family as your "Home Away From Home."

Reviewed August 29, 2011

The staff here does a great job taking care of your needs and the hotel is very well appointed. Good restaurants close by and a mall as well. There breakfast is worth the visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jan M

We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Norfolk Airport. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer and the hospitality of our staff that you experienced during your stay.

On behalf of the staff at the Residence Inn Norfolk AIrport we look forward to your return visit. During your next stay with us, please take advantage of our Social event held during the evening hours 2 to 3 times a week in our dining room area.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here for one night while on our way back from the Outer Banks. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Our room was a one bedroom suite which offered sufficient space. The hotel grounds were nice as was the pool.

The only thing I noticed that could use some attention was the walls of the hallways and the doors to the hotel rooms. They could use some new paint, but this would not deter me from staying again.

The breakfast was very good in the morning. Eggs, Waffles, Sausage, Fruit, Biscuits.

1  Thank sacci
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn By Marriott Norfolk Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our spacious guest rooms and its amenities as well as the hospitality of our staff.

Please keep us in mnd in your future travels to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family and I, along with my parents, stayed here one night to be close to the airport. It was a hectic travel day, and the staff at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. During check-in we were upgraded to a suite (we are Marriott Gold Members) which would better suit our family. My parents' room was also spacious and immaculate. My husband was due to arrive from the airport later that evening, and the staff immediately sent the hotel shuttle to collect him upon his arrival. It was fast and seamless. Later in the evening we called to request extra linens, and they were delivered to our door quickly. The entire staff - we interacted with several front desk attendants, several housekeeping staff and breakfast staff - was completely professional and friendly. They went out of their way to make this hotel a wonderful place for our family. We will always stay here for our travels through Norfolk.

Room Tip: Become a Marriott Rewards Member
3  Thank lchollingsworth
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Norfolk -Airport, Virginia. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer and the hospitality of our staff that you experienced during your stay.

On behalf of the staff at the Residence Inn Norfolk-Airport, we look forward to your return visit. During your next stay with us, please take advantage of the Manager's Reception held in our dining room during the week. As always, we are here to be of service to you and be your "Home Away from Home."

Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at the Residence Inn after getting in from a long trip back from California. The hotel picked me up at the airport and the driver was friendly and courteous even though it was almost 1:00 a.m. Once I got to the hotel, the desk clerk was also friendly and available to help right away. I got checked in quickly and was up in my room less than 10 minutes later.
The room itself was very clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space for my luggage, a full kitchen and plenty of room to move about. The bathroom was a nice size and the amenities were lovely.
The breakfast in the morning had plenty of options, and more than enough seating room.
Overall my experience was wonderful and I would definintely stay here again, whether on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank kapatel16
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport and the amenities we have to offer. I have shared your comment to our entire staff to inspire them more in giving great customer service.

We hope that you will keep us in mind on your next visit to the Norfolk area and make Residence Inn Norfolk Airport your "Home Away from Home."

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Last weekend was mine and my husbands honeymoon weekend, and a weekend that started as a very disturbing event....

First we were suppose to be at the Oceanfront in Virginia beach; however, the hotel that we made arrangements with, had some kind of issue with our reservation and failed to call us. So this already ruined my weekend and spirit. We searched everywhere in Virginia Beach and Norfolk BY TAXI!!. We went to a Hilton, 3 Holiday Inns, a couple Marriots and finally made our way to this very classy Residence Inn by the Norfolk International Airport. We were just completely annoyed and had just had it out with a desk agent at a Holiday Inn, and I was steaming as everyone was sold out everywhere, but little did we know there was light at the end of this overbaring tunnel.

First, the front desk clerk, Chris, who I have to say now before I explain my stay is the best hospitality guest services rep I have seen in my life, he represents the Marriot brand well, and we stay at hotels all over the world as me and my husband Keith are both in the Federal Government, and I have never in my life met such a professional, humorous, resourceful, and charming person, well other than my husband of course. Upon arriving he greeted us with a warm welcome and a beautiful smile, and the other girl Constance was there as well and they knew we were upset. I explained our situation and they explained they were sold out as well. Chris was very empathetic and started doing some calling around, and in the end arranged it so that we could get a suite! We were so thankful, but we didnt have a honeymoon suite like we had arranged at our original resort, so we had nothing, all of our money spent on the Taxi's to find a place to stay.

We got settled in our room and Chris called from downstairs, and I'll never forget what he said that night, "Amanda, it's Chris from the front desk, it's our duty from time to time to woo and aww a guest, and I think today you and Keith are due for some woo and aww, so you two come downstairs and let me turn your frowns upside down."

We got down in the lobby and he pulled a Visa Gift card right out of his wallent and had a transport car pick us up and take us on a norfolk tour, which was so romantic, and the people on the cruise were so nice. The next morning, was even better, our housekeeper Nana was just the sweetest and professional housekeeper. The people in the breakfast area especially, Janace were so kind and everyone smiles espeically that Chris.

This weekend turned out to be perfect thanks to the friendly, and above and beyond staff at the Residence Inn. Chris said it would be our little secret, but Keith and I both feel that everyone should go to this location, if not only just to meet their staff, you will be amazed! :)

Amanda & Keith
Anchorage, Alaska

Room Tip: call ahead of time and ask for a specific room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank amnke99503
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. We are glad that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to turn around a start of an unpleasant experience to a more pleasant and memorable one. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff to continue to inspire them of delivering "service so memorable" to all of our guests.

We hope that you will keep us in mind in your next visit to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport you "Home Away from Home."

We look forward to your next visit.