“AWESOME!”

Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #2 of 67 things to do in Norfolk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Berthed at Nauticus, the Battleship Wisconsin is one of the largest and last battleships ever built by the U.S. Navy. Explore its deck through a self-guided tour or, with an additional charge, one of our guided tours that will take you back in time to experience this majestic ship that earned five battle stars during WW II.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Howden, United Kingdom
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

It is hard to think that this wonderful ship is 71 years old...she carries it well. Big Wiscy is displayed at the Nauticus museum in Norfolk Va, and is well worth the trip to see her. Tours of the ship are fascinating, whether guided or not, and it is such a privilege to be able to walk the decks of such a special ship. She is in wonderful condition, and on first sight she takes your breath away...don't miss this ship!!

1 Thank RKH245

Norfolk, Virginia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Really cool place--must see”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This museum offers something for everyone. I really enjoyed it. I will take people when they visit the area. Clean and entertaining.

Fremont, Indiana
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“WOW!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped at Nauticus during vacation. I have reviewed that by itself. Great museum. The battleship is amazing. Unreal to see the size of the ship and exploring was fun. They had lots of staff that was more than happy to help and answer questions. Some even sailed on the shop when it was in service, very cool!! You could only imagine what it was like on these ships when they were out to sea, it was very well portrayed and informative. My 13 yr old liked seeing it first hand. Can't even imagine living on the ship, one staff member who personally sailed on it laughed when I said I could easily get lost on it. He then told us men used to mail each on the ship a time and place to meet each other because it was easy to not ever see each other on the ship. You can upgrade to a guided tour which would have been nice to do but because we already had a boat tour booked on Victory Rover we did not do that. Would have otherwise as I bet it would make the boat tour even better. Very large ship, lots of small stair spaces to climb up above three levels and down 2 underneath. They also take a photo of you as enter the ship which is ready for purchase on your way back out. I believe we paid $20 for the package of a 5x7,3x5 and 2 wallets and a magnet that said USS Wisconsin. Its a great photo to take home. A must see place when you are going through the area.

Centreville, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Self Guided Tour”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Please see my reviews about the Nauticus Center as the USS Wisconsin is linked to it. My 16 yo son and I spent nearly 3 hours just touring all of the nooks and cranies of the ship. I would highly recommend it! They also offer a more detailed personalized, guided tour for just a little more money.

1 Thank 911jenn
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a great decision to go see this landmark. We are from WI so we had to see our own ship. This thing is so big I was surprised at how big it really was. It was very clean and tidy and organized. The self guided tour was fantastic and everything was well marked. The history was very entertaining and educational. The guns were awe inspiring, to sit back look and think about this modern marvel man created was just amazing. The retired crew members on board were very eager to tell their stories and help answer questions in addition to just being friendly people. The prices were perfect for the tickets but we did not do the Spy Ship adventure so that cut down on the ticket cost. Getting there was a bit of an adventure, realize Norfolk is a very old city so streets are narrow and confusing. I am so glad we went to see this as it will always be a life highlight for me.