“Great Self Guided Tour” 5 of 5 stars

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Self Guided Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Please see my reviews about the Nauticus Center as the USS Wisconsin is linked to it. My 16 yo son and I spent nearly 3 hours just touring all of the nooks and cranies of the ship. I would highly recommend it! They also offer a more detailed personalized, guided tour for just a little more money.

1 Thank 911jenn

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a great decision to go see this landmark. We are from WI so we had to see our own ship. This thing is so big I was surprised at how big it really was. It was very clean and tidy and organized. The self guided tour was fantastic and everything was well marked. The history was very entertaining and educational. The guns were awe inspiring, to sit back look and think about this modern marvel man created was just amazing. The retired crew members on board were very eager to tell their stories and help answer questions in addition to just being friendly people. The prices were perfect for the tickets but we did not do the Spy Ship adventure so that cut down on the ticket cost. Getting there was a bit of an adventure, realize Norfolk is a very old city so streets are narrow and confusing. I am so glad we went to see this as it will always be a life highlight for me.

Bozeman, Montana, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I thank my late father for passing on to me his obsession with military history, planes and anything ships. I loved this tour. We spent almost three hours on the boat, investigating any space we could for the "cheap" tour we did. We just bought the cheaper ticket because it still allowed access into quite a few interior spaces and we also added it on to the waterside tour of the naval shipyard. Both tickets were purchased at the window of the Nauticus center. Such a cool family activity.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Battleship Wisconsin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

It's a must visit for first timers. Great experience. The Museum Crew were excellant. The ship looks and smells like it is ready to get underway.

Lagos, Nigeria
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Undoubtedly interesting..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Imagine you are on a warship, decommissioned not long ago, with nine 16" guns on the turret, apart from other smaller guns, that once blazed and lit the sky to bring the foes to their knees. And that is USS Wisconsin at Norfolk. Though commissioned during second WW, it was in active service as recently as Gulf War and has fired from its belly sophisticated missiles like Tomahawk and Harpoons. 2000 officers and enlisted men used to work on this massive ship.
The entrance fees is USD 16.50 per person, which includes entry to naval museum also.
Strongly recommend visit to this warship museum while in Norfolk.
Ramesh.