SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My name is Karl Thomas... I have stayed at sprillhill on newton rd. On more then one occasion. .. It was a pleasure. To stay. Check in was easy. Room was clean and smelled fresh.. The water fall it's a mind easier...This time I stayed in room 214.. and smile by a helpful employee by the name of Q.. she let me know it was togo plates cuz I was rushin to wrk was go pass that go breakfast up. ..a smile from the desk to the room..THKX SPRILLHILL.

• Stayed: April 2014
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

HI Karl,

Thank you so much for your review!!! We are happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasurable one. Q is a great asset and our staff strives to provide the best service and product in the Norfolk/Va. Beach area.

We certainly hope to see you again!!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

i have to admit that the room wasn't the cleanest but Nina Woodward went so far out of her way to help that i overlooked the fact that the physical experience wasn't perfect. Every one who works at this hotel went above and beyond to be warm and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

HI Sandy K,

Thank you for your review! I want to apologize for the room not being up to our standards, I have addressed this with my team. We strive to be the best hotel in Norfolk.

We are very lucky to have Nina on our team. I will share your praises with her!

We hope to see you again when in Norfolk!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had my teenaged daughter's birthday party in the ballroom and stayed overnight. The ballroom was set up beautifully, the staff were friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The lobby and breakfast area are beautiful and inviting and everyone had a wonderful time! Thank you Springhill Suites on Newtown Road! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Bafuller,

Thank you for posting a review! We are delighted your daughter had a wonderful birthday party in our meeting space.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again!!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

On 25 Mar 2014, during a business trip, had a two night stay at SpringHill Suites. I travel 5 to 6 times a year and only use the Marriot brand hotels. Upon arriving I call and explain that I would be late. I was informed no worries and my room would be ready. After arriving I was greeted by one of the most professional staff member that I have every met. Her name was Nina. Without even asking, she provide me information concerning the hotel and local area. Her professionalism is unmatched by any I have came in contact with over the years. Nina,not only checked me in but also i drop my jacket outside a staff member found it. Nina give me a called in my room and asked did I lose a jacket. I stated yes she had it brought up to me room. During this phone call she asked how was my room and did I need anything. Nina is a wonderful and caring person. As a manager myself, I know went a employee is sincere, Nina was sincere about her job and the care of travelers. 3 words for the hotel and its staff: Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding!

Dear Bagman2013,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review!! Nina is a true asset to our team!! I am glad you were able to get your coat back as well.

I will be sharing your review during our daily huddle tomorrow!!

We hope to see again when you are in Norfolk, thank you for tour business!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here for my daughter's volleyball tournament for the weekend, and we were very impressed with the customer service. From the front desk personnel, to the housekeeping staff and manager, everyone was very attentive and professional. While checking out, the front desk clerk even helped my daughters dig through the bowl of lollipops and locate their favorite (green apple). The complimentary breakfast was good, but my daughter missed having bacon as a meat choice (sausage was offered both mornings). We thought the dining area was great with plenty of places for the girls to sit as a team. It's March Madness time, so the tv above the fireplace was an added bonus. We plan to stay here again in a few months when we have another tournament.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor in a (2) queen suite which was clean and roomy. Just remember to check t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SOC965
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear SOC965,

Thank you for taking the time to review the SpringHill Suites Norfolk/VB. I am happy you and your family enjoyed the spacious suites while you were in town for your daughter's volleyball tournament.

We are looking forward to having you all again in May and lets hope for warm weather!!

I will pass along your kind words to the team in our morning meeting.

All the best,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The SpringHill suites is a perfect hotel for travelers looking for convenience to the airport, friendly staff, cleanliness, and proximity to amenities. The complimentary breakfast, easy parking, shuttle to airport, and overall facilities add to the benefits of staying at this hotel. I had a conference at the Little Creek Naval Base, and getting to and from there, along with needing to make a few stops for things along the way was easy. I had an early morning flight out, and it was extremely easy to get to the airport from the hotel too. I highly recommend this hotel for. I think the ONLY complaint from my sales staff was that there was not a bar on premises, but Ruby Tuesday's was right across the parking lot, so that challenge was solved!

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your review!! We are happy to hear you and your team had a great experience during your recent stay!

I am glad that you were able to utilize Ruby Tuesdays for the team, it makes it nice being connected to our parking lot.

We certainly hope to see you all again when in Norfolk!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

To the leadership at this location-employees are commendable and consistent! Thank you! I am always greeted by pleasant employees who go out of their way to engage me as a guest. I must extend a formal thank you to an amazing gentleman and employee of your location who found my wallet on Thursday, March 20th. I regret I do not remember his name, as the situation was a whirlwind for me. I also did not show appreciation warranted, which I regret! He first called my room, and later met me in the lobby with my wallet. I am so thankful for how he handled the situation! Please ensure this gentleman is appropriately recognized!

Room Tip: Recently renovated. All rooms since renovation have been great?
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the recognition of Steve Gantt, he is the one who found your wallet.
I will share all of the wonderful comments with my team.

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again when you are in Norfolk.

All the best,