“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We used a conference room (and I stayed the night before) for our bi-annual conference. The staff was great! They made sure we had everything we needed and were very discreet and careful about interrupting our presenters. We had the fajita bar and it was AWESOME! They did a great job refilling items when we ran out. The chocolate cake was very moist and delicious as well. I was also very happy that they kept the bathrooms well stocked during our conference. I highly recommend this hotel and we have already booked them for a future event!

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank PJR158
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi PJ,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us!!

We certainly appreciate the business and so happy to hear the fajitas were delicious!!!

See you in the fall!!

Suburban Philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff could be the best I have ever encountered anywhere.... particularly Kayln... who gave us incredible service and good dinner advice. She couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Have rarely been motivated to write a review, much less single someone out, but she was outstanding and deserves a mention. Will stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ed A
Hi Ed,

Thank you for your review!!! I am so glad Kayln made a lasting impression. We are very lucky to have her on our team!!

We hope to see you when you are in town!!

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum member and have stayed at Marriott properties well in the US and abroad. When I am in Norfolk VA I stay at several properties depending on where the meetings are, Springhill Suites Norfolk Airport is one of my favorites!

Manager Dawn Anderson and here team are a great credit to Marriott. From the front desk to the service staff this hotel is an excellent bargain for your money. Super clean rooms, excellent lobby, great weight and workout room (much bigger than the normal workout room) and very good breakfast, this hotel has it all for the value.

Right outside you have several food options including Ruby Tuesdays and a Denny across the street. Less than 2 miles down the road, left or right you have many more food options.

I promise you, if you stay at this hotel you will wake up refreshed and ready to go for the next day because Dawn and her team will take care of you.

Room Tip: I choose upper floor rooms away from the elevators
1 Thank mrlnavy
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your review. Our team strives to provide the best service and product in the Norfolk area.

I am glad you are able to enjoy our large fitness center and love our new breakfast!

We are happy this is your home when traveling. I will pass along to the team your praises.

Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am a platinum member with Marriott and this property was one of the best I have ever stayed at! The staff was incredible! I was missing a power cord for my projector and they had a spare for me to use. Then my flight was cancelled and I had to extend my stay for another night. The staff knew me by name and would ask how I was doing. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area. Highly recommended hotel!

1 Thank tman98321
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hi Mr. Ross,

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you and your company here with us.

I will pass along the kind words to the team.

We certainly hope to see you again and it was a pleasure meeting you!

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Fellow road warriors this is your oasis. As a Marriott Platinum I have stayed at many Springhill properties around the country. In fact, I have stayed at this Springhill a few times, too. But something has changed. The staff are warm and friendly- and no, it's not because they are supposed to be- it's truly because they like what they're doing and want to make sure you feel welcomed (face it, we all know when front desk folks are faking it!). Even the HC and engineering staff take time to say "good morning, hope you have a nice day." The property is being kept up in immaculate fashion (this from a medical guy with OCD!). The rooms are well appointed, as is the case with the Springhill brand. I especially like that my 6'3" frame can lay out on the sofa, no problem. The breakfast area is always kept well stocked and clean. Management is obviously on top things at this property, and in a way that makes the staff feel glad to be there. You will be, too.

Room Tip: If you're there when occupancy is high ask for a low floor as the elevator can get clogged durin...
1 Thank Dave K
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Good Morning Dave,

Thank you for your review!! We strive to provide the best guest service and best product in Norfolk/ Va. Beach.

I am so glad you felt welcomed and enjoyed our spacious suites.

I will pass the wonderful praise along to all of my staff.

See you next month!!

Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed in hotels all over the world, literally but the difference between your facility and others is the awesome customer service. Everyone from the receptionists that greeted us at the front desk to the maintenance crew were so very customer oriented - a forgotten art. Daniel, is a name that I caught, was an exceptional performer. As i stood waiting for the elevator he asked if i were going up, and i said yes, he pushed the button to call the elevator. now, i had been standing there for about 30 seconds waiting for the elevator prior to his arrival not realizing i had not pressed the call button. I/we laughed about it and we exchanged a few pleasant words. He, as the other staff members were just so down to earth and friendly...like good country folks (not trying to sound offensive as i too am originally from AR) and they remind me of people back home. The entire crew from the weekend of 31 Jan - 2 Feb 2014 should be lauded. Blessings to them all.

Room Tip: The room was my only complaint...very uncomfortable bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Jakes,

Thank you so much for your review! Daniel is a true asset to our team. We thrive on guest service and providing the best product in Norfolk. I am so happy you were able to experience this during your stay!

I will share your great comments with the team!

We hope to see you again when traveling to Norfolk/Va. Beach

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I travel between 50 - 70,000 miles a year as a consultant and can count on one hand the number of times I truly felt welcomed at a hotel. Well, the Springhill Suites Norfolk/Virginia Beach has just surpassed all other hotels by the warm welcome and willingness to go above and beyond! Dawn Anderson was amazing and bent over backwards to make a bad travel day (airline delays/cancellations) end with a pleasurable stay. The entire staff was accommodating from the shuttle driver to the maintenance personnel. This location is convenient and vibrant with amenities for every traveler. A huge thanks to everyone for making my stay memorable in every way possible. If you are in Norfolk you should reserve a room at the Springhill Suites on Newtown Rd.

Room Tip: The King bed suite is huge and roomy. Book a high floor for a great view of the town.
Green Features: The hotel makes every effort to provide sustainable lodging with minimal impact on their environment.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you for the feedback!! It was a pleasure meeting you! I am so happy to hear we were able to make your bad day of traveling better! Our goal is to provide excellent service and product!!

I will share these great comments with my staff!!

Hope to see you again when you are in Norfolk!

Dawn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Residence Inn Norfolk Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!