My husband and I recently spent three nights at the SpringHill Suites for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. We arrived late the day we checked in, and were quickly provided a room on a high floor (5th of six floors at this property), which we requested when we had made our reservation. When we first walked into our room, we were immediately impressed by the size of our room. There was plenty of space for my husband and I to spread out, which was much appreciated while relaxing after running the race.
Throughout our stay, we had several requests and each time we approached the front desk with a question the staff was quickly and easily able to assist us - everything from having extra towels delivered to our room, to letting us borrow scissors to work on completing our race day outfits, to providing great suggestions for local pizza delivery. It was clear that the front desk staff here is well trained and prepared to assist guests.
The only small hiccup that occurred during our stay was that our room wasn't cleaned on our second full day at the hotel. The maid came by our room at 12 noon, shortly after we returned to the hotel from the race, and we told the maid that we'd be out of the room within 30 minutes. She never returned to clean the room though.
However, when we checked out the next morning the general manager, Dawn, was assisting us. When she asked us how our stay was and we told her about the lack of room cleaning, she immediately took one night's charge off of our tab. This certainly wasn't necessary, but Dawn made it clear that she wanted to make up for the maid's shortfall. We've had stays at other hotels where our room has failed to have been cleaned, but not once before have we felt as though hotel management wanted to make up for its shortfall like Dawn did. We greatly appreciate Dawn's efforts, as well as the efforts of the entire front desk staff, and the next time we return to the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area we will definitely consider staying at SpringHill Suites again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a centrally located all suites hotel near Virginia Beach, VA. Only minutes from Virginia Beach Town Center and the Virginia Beach Oceanfront activities. Farm Bureau live is only a short drive from our Spring Hill Suites Norfolk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Springhill Suites