“Nice room, good service”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in June and was quite pleased. Clean room, good sized with a King bed and comfortable (for a 15 year old) sleep sofa. From the hotel, it is about 20 minutes to the Princess Anne Park Complex and Ampitheater.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Terry F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your sincere and positive comments. I will pass these comments on to my staff. I hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will choose our property to stay at.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Daughter was having a baby so we had to come down on short notice. Did not want the expense or crowds at the beach. This place fit the bill fine. Everything clean, well appointed, and good housekeeping. Only fly in the ointment was getting someone else's towels at 7 am. The ocean is 15 minutes away. This place is right off the interstate, next to a Ruby Tuesdays. Good access to the whole area. And everyone was more than friendly. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Spent 4 days here, and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Terry F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind and thoughtful comments. I am glad that we could satisfy you and your family's needs and we hope to have the opportunity to do so again in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My Grandson's Father paid for a room at a Marriott in the VA Beach/Norfolk area. The night we were trying to find out which hotel we had a room reserved, we stopped at the Springhill Suites on 6350 Newtown Rd. Norfolk, VA to see if this particular hotel was the one that had our reservation. This was about 9pm on Friday, 05/31/2013. The front doors were locked and the woman inside refused to open the door. When a bus came up, with several people on board, she finally opened the door. She refused to look at me and waited on everyone else before finally asking me what my "problem" was. She finally gave me the address of the Marriott we were looking for. RUDE...ARROGANT...COLD. NEVER stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Joyce L
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was a very Nice Hotel. With the exception of needing a little touch up in the Bathroom it was Beautiful room. Great service & location. Good price for location. Everything U could need is there. The Lobby was very Nice & up to date with plenty of room to relax & chat with friends. The pool & Whirlpool were relaxing & well taken care of. Just a nice place.

• Stayed: May 2013
Terry F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided great customer service to you. We hope that if you are back in the area, you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here one night before our cruise. I am a travel agent and had spent a lot of time deciding which property I wanted to be able to give my clients info on in the area for options before a cruise and although this was my first stay at a Marriott property it will definitely not be my last!! I was very pleased with this Springhill Suites Property and will have no problem at all recommending it to my customers!

We arrived late (around 11pm) and I called ahead of time to let them know we would be there around that time. Spoke with Kaiyln who was very polite and said she would note it on my reservation, which she did. She not only noted it but she actually remember me calling about it which I thought was great customer service on her part!

I had also called when I made the initial reservation a few months ago to make sure I would be able to park my car there while I was gone, which I was told would not be a problem, just to be sure to let them know when I checked in. Check in was simple and I let her know I would also be leaving my car there while I was on my sailing. No issues at all!

The room was fantastic, super clean with a great sofa seating area, small kitchenette, bedroom area, and the bathroom. My test of quality is always how well does the shower drain, and how good is the water pressure in the shower. I am quite happy to say they both were GREAT! I absolutely despise when a shower won't drain and was very pleasantly surprised at how well and fast that water went down! Also I must say the bed really was awesome! I slept like I sleep in my own bed which says a lot! Great nights rest!

Used the fitness center in the morning for my usual workout and it was nice. A few treadmills & the other usual gym equipment available, including free weights. Perfectly sufficient and clean.

Breakfast was great, well laid out and lots of variety, from waffles, eggs, sausage, hot cereal, cold cereal, and lots of pastries as well as coffee & juices. Nicely laid out and well supplied during the morning rush.

All in all it was a wonderful stay! Kudos to the staff & management, keep up the great work!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank holleyb3
Terry F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind remarks in reference to your most recent stay with us. It does great for the staff to hear positive feedback from our clients. I hope your sailing trip goes well and look for to my staff and I serving you with even better service if you return to our property in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while he was on a business trip after having a so-so experience at a rather noisy Holiday Inn nearby. While we got in to the SpringHill Suites late and left rather early the next day, we still had much better experience here. I wouldn't technically call our room a "suite" with a separate bedroom - the bed was separated from the living area by a half-partition - but it was still spacious. There was a mini-kitchen area with a small refrigerator (with separate freezer) and microwave, sink, and disposable plates/utensils. The vanity area is outside of the bathroom, making it easy for one of us to use the mirror while the other was taking a shower. The room was very quiet, and the HVAC unit was SUPER quiet. A super-comfy pillowtop bed helped us sleep easy at night. The free Wi-Fi worked very well for my husband, who needed to be online monitoring backups for his office in the wee hours of the morning. The free breakfast buffet had plenty of consistently HOT items (unlike the Holiday Inn, where hot items were kept lukewarm and you had to pay an extra $10 for the buffet), plus a variety of healthy choices. The lobby area was beautiful, with a nice fountain and comfortable seating for the morning buffet. I can't comment on the pool or fitness facilities, since we didn't utilize them, but they do have a few conference rooms and very nice downstairs restroom facilities that are open at all hours. And everyone treated us courteously and professionally.

The (minor) cons: While the bathroom lighting was great, the lighting around the vanity area was rather dim, which would make putting on makeup kind of difficult. The toilet paper dispenser is located too far away from the toilet for some reason - we just took the toilet paper off the roll to use it. And like most Marriott hotels, I guess, they don't have vending machines on the floors; for quick snacks without leaving the premises, you have to pay inflated prices at their "marketplace" next to the front desk. (You could probably go to the nearby Rite Aid to stock up on snacks or essentials at a better price, as long as you don't need the items in the middle of the night.)

But those were minor issues, and overall, we had a pleasant stay during our brief time here. If my husband comes to the Norfolk area for business again, this would definitely be among his first choice of hotels to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CatControlled
Terry F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your great comments. My staff and I really pride ourselves in providing top notch service to every guest. We really thank you for staying with us and we sincerely hope that you choose our hotel again if you are ever in the area in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff always smiles, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the breakfast is good. What more would I want? Oh yes, the parking is free and there is easy access to the highways but I didn't hear a sound.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Terry F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you very much for the great positive feedback about the staff and the property as a whole. We do our very best to keep every aspect of the hotel in top condition, as well as, striving to provide top notch customer service. We greatly appreciate when we receive positive comments from our guest. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will choose our location again if you are ever in the area in the future.