We stayed here for one night while visiting the Hampton Roads area. The location was convenient -- not too far from VA Beach, downtown Norfolk, and other attractions. The lobby area was beautiful and inviting. Our room was spacious, quiet and clean -- just as expected.
We used the pool area in the evening -- we sat in the hot tub for a while and afterwards, cooled off in the pool. The hot tub was clean and it was nice that there wasn't a bunch of kids running around.
In the morning, breakfast was chaos. It was a Saturday morning, so maybe that's to be expected. But what really raised my eyebrow was all the retirees in the breakfast area. The breakfast area was so, so crowded. So many people crammed into the space, all either waiting for a waffle or the toaster. Plus, there wasn't anywhere to sit. We had to stalk people and scoop up their table as they were leaving. Add in the fact that this hotel was crawling with retirees, everyone in the breakfast area was moving at a snail's pace, causing us to get quite a bit irritated!
Additionally, nearly every table was not appropriate for eating -- meaning, many of the tables were of coffee-table height, making eating your breakfast not very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a centrally located all suites hotel near Virginia Beach, VA. Only minutes from Virginia Beach Town Center and the Virginia Beach Oceanfront activities. Farm Bureau live is only a short drive from our Spring Hill Suites Norfolk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Marriott so you can book your SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Springhill Suites