“Awesome staff, great location!”

SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome staff, great location!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The staff at this hotel is the friendliest, most helpful staff I have ever encountered in any hotel, ever! I've traveled a good bit for business & have never been treated so well by hotel staff. My reservation was unable to be located when I arrived (due to no fault of the hotel, priceline messed up my name), but they were able to get me a room at the rate on my confirmation. Everyone at this hotel, regardless of their job, was extremely friendly & accomodating. The room was what I expected, very clean, & the housekeeping staff was great. The hot breakfast in the morning was good & there was plenty to eat. We wanted a hotel close to the beach, but away from the crowd & this was it - just jump on the highway & you're there in 10 minutes or so. The only complaint I had was no smoking, but most hotels are non smoking anymore, so it's not really a complaint. Once I was home, I realized my credit card had been charged for the original reservation as well as for my stay. All it took was a five minute phone call & Jennifer, the manager, was able to locate the charge & issue a credit. Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel, I would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
J_McMicken, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Greetings Jill!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for the Springhill Suites Norfolk, I appreciate your comments and kind words. It is so nice to hear that you had a good experience while you were with us and that my staff made you feel comfortable.

I hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the Virginia Beach area. You can always email me at jmcmicken@ltdhospitality.com or call me at 757.333.3100.

Jennifer McMicken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Travel to sandbridge island for the week, and stayed there the night before. Did not have reservations, but the staff was very accommodating and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and new, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Springhill Suites Norfolk, I am happy to hear that you had a good experience with us.

I hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the Virginia Beach area. If you have any questions or further feedback please email me at jmcmicken@ltdhospitality.com or call me at 757.333.3100.

austintown
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family and I make the trip to Virginia Beach a few times each year. This holiday weekend was our first stay at the Springhill, and I will never stay anyplace else. The staff was friendly, the location was terrific, and our suite was spotless! We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived, and that sentiment was continued with every employee we came in contact with. Everything was top notch, and I can't wait to return!

1 Thank jlrui2
J_McMicken, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of the Springhill Suites Norfolk! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit.

If you have any other feedback to share, please feel free to call the hotel directly at 757.333.3100 or email me at jmcmicken@ltdhospitality.com.

Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I really loved the staff very helpfull I check in and out with Nicole from the front desk she was a very very nice employee always helping and very exreamly nice I live the breakfast very nice breakfast with good food. The only thing I didnt like is I wanted to order a roll away bed and they told me they don't allow it in a 1 king bedroom with sofa my husband works for the Marriott and Go to Virginia every summer and this was the first time I don't get a roll away bed I had to look for another hotel to get a rollaway bed but other than that the service was amazing .

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Lissette7709
J_McMicken, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach. I am glad you had an enjoyable visit and that Nichole was able provide you with excellent service!

I apologize that we did not have a rollaway bed available for you, we do have a limited supply and they are given on a first come first serve basis. I believe that we did not have any remaining when you requested one, which is why you did not receive one. I am sorry for that miscommunication.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Virginia Beach! If you had any other feedback you wanted to share with me you can call the hotel at 757.333.3100 or emailing me at jmcmicken@ltdhospitality.com

milford,me.
Reviewed July 1, 2011

the room was not cleaned ,the mattress was coming apart, food left under the couch from someone else before use!!! urine left around the rim of the toilet because the toilet wasn't cleaned!! i could go on and on,but i think you get the message!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank slottobug
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach in June. I am glad that we had the opportunity to speak on the phone regarding your stay, it was very informative to hear about the issues you experienced while you were with us. I have addressed the concerns that we spoke of with the employees that would have impacted you during your visit, without guests like you who are kind enough to share your experience, we would not be able to improve our service and provide enjoyable stays for all of our guests. Thank you again so much for your feedback.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2011

If a quiet, restful night's sleep is important (and it is to me), this hotel is not the place to get it. This is a pretty minimalist "suite" experience; instead of a true suite we had two contiguous areas with no door separating them. That meant all corridor noise could easily be heard in the sleeping area. Worse yet, the digital wall thermostat was connected to an old-style under-window HVAC unit that was very noisy and switched on an off periodically with a loud "clunk." We tried sleeping for awhile, but ended up turning the stupid thing off so we might actually sleep -- probably not something we could have gotten away with in warmer weather. Even then we could hear the units in neighboring rooms clunking on and off. Another problem: thin, poor quality towels. The kitchenette is really just a microwave and small refrigerator in the corner of the sitting area. This hotel enjoys an excellent location, near the intersection of two interstates, but with only two restaurants nearby. The breakfast here was reasonably good, but the only fruit available were a few apples in a bowl, and the only syrup for the make-it-yourself waffles was some sort of runny strawberry concoction. There are both a Townplace Suites and a Homewood Suites nearby and I would try either before staying here again. All three seam to be in the same price range.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappyWanderer023
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am really glad you enjoyed the hotels location and breakfast. I am very sorry that the room design did not meet your needs. Our suites are designed for the enjoyment-seeking traveler. These customers look for new experiences, inspiring moments and small escapes, even when traveling for business. We typically enjoy the highest guest satisfaction among all Marriott brands. I also apologize for the ac noise and the quality of the towels. We will get that unit repaired and the towels replaced right away. I will also make sure the laundry department is pulling the lesser quality linen out. Your feedback will help us improve service for future guests and is greatly appreciated.

Tony Parrow
new york
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Stayed for our second time for one night. Hotel has gone downhill since our last stay. My teenage daughter pulled out the sleeper sofa, and the sheets had not been changed. Quite disgusted. I called the front desk and they said they would send up some fresh sheets, but I asked for housekeeping to come up. In walks a man, without knocking, with a set of sheets, who reeked of cigarettes, and began changing the sheets on the sofa bed. I asked him if he was from housekeeping, and he said he was from maintenance. Well, I offered to take over from there. In addition to this, our white comforter had various stains on them. Tissue and toilet paper were of sandpaper quality. Definitely not Marriott quality and will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. I am very sorry about the problem with the sheets and maintenance person. I understand why this would be concerning and would not be happy with the situation myself. I will immediately look into that and the quality of the tissues and toilet paper right away. Our goal to provide the absolute best experience to travelers coming to the area. I apologize that this was not one of those times and assure you that we will use your fantastic feedback to prevent these issues from happening again.

Thank you for your business and feedback!