“Hidden treasure!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We have lived in the area for six years and I've heard about this place often. Finally had the opportunity to visit.

A bit challenging to find, but worth the effort!

Wonderful menu, lots of draft beers from local artisans, and extensive tequila selections.

We had the Ceviche Salad w/fresh avocado & chips to start and it was exceptional! Very fresh tasting, and no taste or smell of the fish!

We also had the fish tacos and the jalapeno crabcakes. Both were absolutely delicious!

We felt the portions were generous.

Monday and Tuesday they offer
$.85 tacos.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been to eat at Tortilla West three times and I will definitely return. I grew up in Arizona, and while I can't say that this is "authentic" Mexican food, I can say that it is a lot tastier than most of the restaurants that promote themselves as Mexican. My last visit was with my husband and two sons on a Saturday night. The place was HOPPING! People happily waited for their tables because they all seemed to know it would be worth it once their wait was done.

THE GOOD: The staff are fast, friendly and efficient. Our waiter anticipated our needs before we even voiced them. My older son had the Red Chile Pork and said it was wonderful. My husband's fajitas were spectacular. The quesadillas are HUGE. Their fresh salsa is a delight. Their sauces are quite delicious....I tried their mole and found it to be very tasty, although unlike any mole that I have ever had.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: The front end can be a bit confusing. We waited about five minutes until someone came to put our name on the list. And there was only one table in front of us. The host was doubling as bus-boy so he was not there to greet guests when a table needed to be cleaned for the next patron. The breaded and fried pork that they put in some of their dishes is a bit dry and it would do everyone a favor if they switched it to the pulled pork that is in many other dishes as that is juicy and flavorful. Their bar staff is also a bit inconsistent in how they make a margarita and I never know how one is going to taste when I order it.

All in all it is a great little joint and a fun night out with friends or family.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

NOT FOR FAMILIES. Brought my gf and ten year old daughter. About the same time our food showed up, a guy at the bar sucker punched another guy, got dragged out by another customer, and tried to get back in to keep fighting. I asked the waitress for our check and she said that usually doesn't happen DURING THE DAY. If that's the kind of place your looking for, enjoy.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I went to Taco Monday at Tortilla West today and got a coupe bean and a couple beef burritos as they are the only flavors offered for the .75 cent special. I wish they would offer more than lettuce and and cheese with the tacos, but they are only 0.75 cents a piece. I really like the jalapeño Mac and cheese.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been to Tortilla West a couple times now. I was not very impressed with my food the first time, but after watching everyone else, I decided I must have ordered the wrong thing and gave it another shot. It was a winner the second time around. I went with a large group of 10 people and it only took them 10 minutes to get us a table at 7:30 on a Friday night. The wait staff was good, fairly quick, and not pushy. The drink menu is very good and they have a very good selection of craft draft beers. This is not, by any means, authentic Mexican food, but it is very good food and is meant to be more southwest style than Mexican. The portions are very large, but the prices are still a tad high in my opinion. There are a couple pool tables and a large bar with some TV's as well if you want to stick around for drinks. The hours are limited. I believe they don't open until after five.