“Mean manager, mediocre food”
Review of Bite

Bite
Ranked #332 of 722 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Located in Downtown Norfolk, right across from the Scope. Enjoy a variety of what Hampton Roads has to offer. From large groups to deliveries. We can accommodate everything. We offer delivery, on site and off site catering.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here with some friends. We watched an elderly couple walk by the restaurant 4 times clearly looking for the parking garage. My husband got up to help them and realized they could walk through the restaurant which would be easiest given they weren't the most mobile people. The manager, John, gave my husband a hard time about letting them walk through. My husband apologized and we returned to our meal.

Later my friend got up to get her parking ticket discounted and and heard John the manager telling his staff how "tacky" my husband was for helping that couple. My friend returned to the table to tell us what John had been saying. John saw her recounting the story and walked up to our table and told us to "act like adults". What kind of person bad mouths someone for helping the elderly, gossips like a school girl to his staff and then verbally berates customers?

By the way the tuna was overlooked and the steak was drowning in disgusting sauce.

Don't go here.

1  Thank Carly J
There are newer reviews for Bite

Reviewed April 23, 2013

A bright, spacious, trendy, corner restaurant in the downtown area offered what we hoped our group would enjoy for a quick lunch break between workshops. It met all expectations -- quick service, good food, upscale bistro-style setting and menu choices. Regrettably, our server was less than thrilled with her job and didn't try to hide the big chip on her shoulder. The vegetarian wrap isn't just for vegetarians; it was delightfully flavourful, and satisfying in taste, size, and quality of veggie varieties. Bite is a nice choice for location and menu selection, but ask for the friendly tall waiter, not the skinny annoyed waitress. Also, ask for ALL your change back before you decide on the tip amount, she just assumed she could keep it all.

1  Thank maritimeloverNB
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been a few times - they seem to cater to the business crowd in the wells fargo tower, and are only open periodically for dinner (you have to check their website - there doesn't seem to be any pattern to dinner).

Food ranges from average to very good. Service is about average, too. They've got some creative mixed drinks, but their wine list is nothing to write home about (although - very few places in Norfolk have a good wine list).

I'd go back, but not in a hurry. There are lots of excellent places downtown and Bite doesn't really compete.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stopped into Bite for a quick drink and snack before a show. At the entrance there was a sign to see hostess for seating. The hostess stand is up by the bar but after waiting 5+ minutes with no one to help us we took a seat at the bar.
5 employees walked by but did not acknowledge us, just as we were about to get up and walk out the bartender came back and provided menus. A lady from a table came to the bar and asked if they could get a server. They had been waiting for 30 minutes and had not yet received waters.
We ordered a beer, a side green salad and the bruschetta. We were in a bit of a rush (after waiting for 20 minutes to be helped) so I was excited when the food came right out - oh but it did not come to our table; it went to the table that came up to the bar and complained. Is it possible they ordered the same exact thing for a table of 4 as week did; sure; but unlikely considering 5 minutes prior they were waiting on waters...
Our order arrived shortly after so I did not see the need to make a big deal out of this. The salad was prepared with a wonderful balsamic dressing and the bruschetta was delicious. While we were there multiple people came into the restaurant trying to get a table but they were all told the tables were reserved (there was still on one sitting at the tables when we left) I understand you have reservations but no attempt was made to accommodate the customers, a seat at the bar while another tabled opened up…nothing.
Bottom line; the only reason I didn’t not rate as terrible
1. The only person that seemed to be working was the bartender.
2. The food was great but not worth the attitude of the staff.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

New place , the waitress told me they concentrate on catering , I sure hope their catering is better that their lunches`. No Personality at all . Owner also a bore

Been to Bite? Share your experiences!