“Great location, clean and polite.”

Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great location, clean and polite.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived late on a Wednesday night. Tired. Staff helpful. Surroundings safe. Went to suggested bar for dinner, serving food to 1:00 AM. Walked. Room clean, efficient, but not overwhelming. While the price was good, I did not appreciate the $19.00 extra charge for parking. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors. The trolley is loud in the morning.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dawn A, Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Robert H,

Thank you for your feedback, so glad you a great time in Norfolk!

We continue to provide the best price in the market for the valet service.

Hope to see you again soon!

Dawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A thoroughly satisfactory stay at the Marriot Courtyard. Good sized rooms, excellent service and everything clean and tidy. One minor gripe is the "one-cup" coffee machines - OK for a single person (just) but would always prefer a pot.
Very convenient for the MacArthur memorial (for the historians) and the mall (for the shoppers)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment and recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that the coffee didn't meet your expectations. Please consider us again for your future travel in the Norfolk area.

Best,

Dawn
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2013

During my 5 nights at the Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, I had many positive experiences. The service was great, the room was clean, and the location was perfect. However, some things were just frustrating, like the fact that parking is $19.00 a night, valet parking only. Bringing my total parking costs to almost $100!!! I hated to be forced to valet park. I would've much rather spend $9.50 a night to park the car myself. Also, skip the in house restaurant. Food was not good, service was slow, and D'egg Restaurant is right down the street and is easily 50 better (and more affordable).

I will be traveling back to Norfolk in two weeks, and I honestly think that the cost of parking will have me looking for another hotel to stay in. Considering I mostly stay in Marriott's when I travel, this is disappointing.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on one of his business trips. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. The location is fantastic. The McAuthor Center mall is a block down the street. Many great restaurants are within walking distance. We do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Hotel was clean but unless you are staying for something specific downtown I just was not that impressed. Cox Communications was also having issues with delivery of television service and was of poor quality and pixelated. Normally Marriott International has a higher standard. Also if you want more than a thimble of the coffie they give you in your room before 6:30 am forgetaboutit! Some deal they made with Starbucks frowns on us business types who have to leave the hotel early in the morning to do our deeds and return late in the evening. You'd think a business hotel would get the whole brown speed thing.

Room Tip: I'd say higher up is better. I was on the 2nd floor and got a great view of a parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The problem with the cable company has been resolved. I apologize that Comedy Central was down during your stay. I’m really glad I was able to speak to you about this before you left and that we were able to get it fixed in 24 hours. I wish that it would have been working during your stay! Aside from having a Starbucks in the restaurant, we have the complimentary coffee in the rooms. We will make sure that plenty of extra coffee is available at the front desk to be sent up to early risers like you and I. I completely understand and appreciate the feedback! Thank you very much for your business and feedback, Tony Parrow, General Manager.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I understand stuff happens, however, wall paper peeling off is not suppose to be happening at all. Im not sure if the staff doesn't know or care to fix, but wow, i expected more out of the room. also the agent was a tad stuffy. I understand the hotel is non-smoking, but seriously she didn't have to snub a simple question.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 2012freqtraveler
Thank you so much for the review! I apologize for the peeling wallpaper. We are finishing up our fullscale renovation and the wallpaper is our final item. 95% of this is complete and we will be completely done in the next couple weeks. We truly appreciate your business and important feedback! -Tony Parrow, General Manager
New York City
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lobby was clean and redesigned.
Valet was slow but very nice.
The front desk was attentive, but not anything special.
I tried using the phone to call the front desk on 4 occasions, not once did it connect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Norfolk Downtown. I am glad that you found the lobby to be clean and a nice valet and Front Desk. I apologize for the issue with the phone in the room. I will make sure that this is something that we focus on checking each day. We sincerely appreciate your business. Have a fantastic day! Tony Parrow – General Manager, Courtyard Norfolk