Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
$232
$164
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard marriottvalet parkingnorfolk downtownfront deskwalking distanceroom was cleanmacarthur mallgranby streethandicapped roomstay there againstarbucks coffeecentral locationper daylobby areadesk staffuss wisconsincorner room
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. The check-in and check-out process was easy. All of the staff here were friendly. The location is great and close to the mall and restaurants. We ate breakfast at The Bistro located in the lobby and the food was excellent. The hotel appearance is very modern and our room was clean. Valet parking is a little pricey ($19 per day). Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for the review! We sincerely appreciate your business. I’m glad that the staff, hotel, restaurant worked out so well for you! Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Courtyard Norfolk Downtown!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed at this location while in town on business. The staff was awesome and the manger took time to carry on a friendly conversation with me in the Bistro. The room was very comfortable and close to downtown stores and restaurants. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad that you had a great experience. We pride ourselves our team. Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Courtyard Norfolk Downtown!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Arrived solo, found my way to the parking garage (read on TA not to use Valet), parked on 2nd level and immediately was not sure which staircase led to hotel (nothing marked), keeping in mind it is dark and late and I'm alone. After descending down a dark staircase I was on the street not near the lobby. Check-in was smooth, front desk staff VERY friendly. Decided I would have a night cap before retiring, Bistro dead - could see staff in the back on their cell phones, waited for a few minutes - bagged the idea. Upon arrival in my room, the connecting door was open, a few drawers were open in my room - very unsettling. Room in great repair, nice bedding, bed not so comfy as others have reported (if you are used to the standard Marriott bedding, you need to stay at a Marriott), heating/air conditioning loud and street noise even from 8th floor. I picked this hotel thinking I could walk to the MacArthur Center mall and some restaurants, maybe in warmer weather, daylight and not alone. May return in the summer but not in off season or alone. Overall a nice hotel just not for me this trip, should have stayed at the Marriott with full amenities.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Travelmom29
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the confusion with parking. Valet is included with the price of parking and definitely the way to go. The garage is set up for valet parking and not necessarily for guests which is why we include it.

I am really glad that you found the front desk staff to be friendly and the room to be nice.

We appreciate your feedback and business and hope to see you in the summer.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Courtyard Norfolk Downtown is an excellent choice when visiting the Norfolk Va. area. The central location is a plus, close to restaurants,the water , and a mall. The staff was very friendly and made last minute changes of rooms for our large group. There is a large sitting area in the lobby where everyone can watch a football game or just relax with friends. The hotel was very clean and well groomed. I will strongly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard Norfolk! We enjoyed having your group and I’m glad that it went so well. Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Courtyard Norfolk Downtown!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our group had adjoining rooms and both rooms had problems with the air-conditioning. I called the front desk and had them send up a repair person as the unit was not cooling. I watched as he removed the cover from the unit. There was at least a 2 1/2" build up of dust on the filter. The filter was replaced and the unit began to cool the room to a small degree.

In the middle of the night, the adjoining room's unit kicked into heat mode and could not be shut off or set back into cooling mode. My friends had to be moved into another room at 2:30 a.m. Someone needs to have a chat with the people responsible for maintaining these units.

The rooms were clean and other than the above mentioned problems, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for the review! I sincerely apologize for the problem that you encountered with the Air Conditioning. I will have my engineering department check all of the rooms again right away. Currently we are transitioning all of them to the heat mode and replacing the filters. I am glad that you found the room to be clean and that you enjoyed your stay!