“Pretty good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

For the most part, I enjoyed my stay here. All of the staffers I talked to were very helpful and nice.

I did, however, have a friend who stayed in another room during this visit and was awaken early in the morning by the loud bells from the light rail system, which is very close to the hotel. I, however, did not hear it. I did receive an email from the manager after my stay apologizing if I heard the bells and assured that he's been told that those bells will decrease in frequency as the people and the city get used to the system. If you're a light sleeper, I would suggest that you request a room as far away from the light rail system as possible.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I travel often and wish every hotel that I stayed at was like this one. I recently stayed at the Courtyard Norfolk Downtown on business and was so impressed with the service that I returned to the area and stayed this week with my family. The staff did not disappoint. The front desk and valet went out their way to direct us to some great local restaurants and entertainment that we would not have found otherwise. They printed out directions for us and recommended what times to go to avoid traffic. Our room was very clean upon arrival and the housekeeping staff took the time to talk to my 4 year-old which thrilled her and one housekeeper even remembered her name the next day. We ate breakfast each day at the restaurant and were pleased with the prompt and friendly service. The valet was also very efficient with getting our vehicle for us and we never had long to wait. I don't normally post reviews but when a business is doing all the right things, somebody should say something and get the word out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Southampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

This hotel is beautiful, clean, and affordable. They are centrally located to everything in down town Norfolk. They provided me with valet parking, a very friendly front desk staff, and even allowed me to check in early as I had arrived ahead of schedule. I have been to Norfolk several times and have stayed at different hotels in the area, and this by far is the best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank PatDuffy997
Ames, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was in town on short notice for the weekend. They were available at a great price. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Norfolk, walking distance to a myriad of things to do.
The staff was always upbeat and smiling.
Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Saugerties, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Although I have stayed at Marriott Courtyards in the past, the Marriott Courtyard in Downtown Norfolk Virginia exceeds any previous experience.
The entire staff from the valet's to the management were hospitable and a joy to deal with.
As our wedding anniversary occurred during our stay, I arranged a small reception for friends and family. Without hesitation the staff performed a miracle and made it memorable.
They are without a doubt the most friendly, courteous and professional group of dedicated persons that I have ever had the privilege to know.
THANK YOU EVERYONE AT THE MARRIOTT COURTYARD DOWNTOWN NORFOLK!!!!! .

Room Tip: Pick the 5th floor for it's access to the terrace
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Hello!

It was so much fun having you guys at the hotel! I am so glad that it worked out so well. Hopefully your dads amazing Naval history is shared with the world! By the way, Happy Anniversary again! What a fun time. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future.

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was in Norfolk this weekend (Sep 16-18 2011) for a Navy reunion and decided to stay at the Norfolk Courtyard. This hotel is centrally located to everything in downtown Norfolk with the new light rail across the street. My room was impeccable and cleaning staff did an exceptional job. The front desk staff was very professional and went out of their way to help. Tara and Kayla were exceptional with giving me recommendations and answering all my questions. They also showed me how to use the Go Board. I have seen them before but never knew you could use them to get directions.

For the lobby I was impressed that you could print actual boarding passes. The Bistro has a great selection and was the perfect way to start my day not to mention having a great staff also. The business center area is in a central location that allows for privacy and people watching at the same time. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Tidewater area that wants to be close to many attractions but not pay tourist prices.
Gerald Gilbert

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hi!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Norfolk Downtown for your Navy reunion. Tara and Kayla are rock stars and I am so lucky to have them on the team. The Go Board is pretty cool isn’t it! I am glad that the Bistro met your needs too! We look forward to the 2012 reunion and any other visits you may have to the Hampton Roads area!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed in hotel Sept 7 and 8th. It was clean and convenient to all downtown. Nina (hopefully spelled right) was there at every turn with a helpful smile and actions to match. Would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hello!

Thank you for your business! I am really glad that Nina and the food and beverage team were able to exceed your needs! We look forward to your next visit!!!