“Good location for visiting Chrysler Museum of Art”

Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Virginia
“Good location for visiting Chrysler Museum of Art”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Easy access to hotel. Valet parking only -$18.00 parking fee. Friendly staff and responsive to questions and concerns. The Chrysler Museum is within walking distance ONLY if you are accustomed to walking distances (about 2 miles). Easy to drive to it. Did not eat at the Bistro (in house eatery). We were near the ice machine but did not have any noise issues which is always a concern of mine. Waterside is an easy walk, a couple of blocks.
Would stay there again when visiting Norfolk.

Room Tip: Make inquires about special rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kanisue
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Hello!

Thank you so much for the kind review. The Chrysler Museum is very close along with many other excellent attractions including MacArthur Memorial, Nauticus and the Scope. Also, the Tide, Norfolk’s Light Rail, starts service this weekend. The Tide will make the Courtyard even more convenient to all the area attractions.

I’m really glad that the team was friendly and helpful. They do a great job with that.

Thank you for your business and we can’t wait to accommodate you again soon,

Tony Parrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

As a person who travels for business quite a bit I can sincerely say that the service at this property was unmatched and that I would without a doubt not only recommend but stay here when I am in town weather it is bsiness or pleasure. From Dawn Anderson to Corey (Bellman), to Paul (Maintenance), to Jasmin (and all the fromt desk staff) and finally housekeeping helped to make my expierience unforgetable. I have to admitt I was a more needier guest then most but no matter what I needed or what question I had or especially how many times I called (Dawn Anderson) for something it was always recieved with a smile. Thank you very very much Court Yard Marriott-Downtown Norfolk:)

1 Thank mrocabado
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Hi Mitch!

Thank you for the kind review! I’m really glad that everyone did such a good time taking care of you! Dawn is a huge asset and we are very lucky to have her on the team. We really appreciate the business from your group and are excited to serve your needs again if need to return to Norfolk.

Take care,

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel always goes above and beyond! I visit this hotel 4 times a year with a large group of employees and each visit is a wonderful experience. The hotel staff takes pride in their service and it is apparent! From the moment of check in to when everyone checks out - our group is always well taken care of. We will continue to book and coordinate all our event in the Norfolk area at the Courtyard Norfolk Downtown location.

1 Thank Emily G
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Hi E!

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our hotel and your groups stay with us! It was our pleasure to accommodate you. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff to let them know their hard work is appreciated. I'm glad you chose the Courtyard for your stay in the Norfolk area, and we look forward to your return to our hotel.

Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I have stayed in all classes of hotels I can tell you is that the staff has the best customer service I have ever seen. It started with the young lady who checked us in, I wanted to change the room type I reserved, and her reply, with a smile, was no problem, I can handle that. This was when the front desk phone was ringing off the hook and a long line of guest behind me. When I passed a custodian in the hallway, she asked me if my room alright and did I need anything. Finally when I checked out Sunday morning, the last thing the front desk person said to me is “Is there anything I can do for you before you leave?” and the valet asking if we needed any directions as he handed me my keys

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Hello!

Thank you for the excellent review! I am so glad the team displayed the Can-Do, helpful attitude that we have become known for in Norfolk! We really appreciate your business and hope to be able to serve your needs many times in the future!

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have stayed at almost all the hotels in Norfolk but nothing compares to the courtyard downtown Nofolk. The hotel staff is very friendly and does everything to make the stay enjoyable. The property is located next to the mall and is walking distance to many restaurants in the area. The computers in the lobby with free access to internet and printer is a great plus. I also enjoy spending time in their lobby which has a flat screen TV and is just a very enjoyable/relaxing place to spend time and meet with friends or coworkers. Like I said, i have stayed at all the hotels in Norfolk and I would strongly recommend Courtyard downtown as first choice for everyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank peaceful111
Hi!

I am really glad that you found our hotel to be the best in Norfolk! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It really means a lot to us. Your recommendation is appreciated. We are really glad to be able to make your stays enjoyable.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I went to a Tides game, had to make last min. Plans to stay " in town". The hotel was very nice and so was the staff.

• Stayed June 2011
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Hey Tides Fan!

Isn’t Harbor Park a great place to catch a game? Thank you for choosing to stay with us afterwards! It is wonderful that you found the staff and hotel to be nice. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The personalized attention by all of the staff members far exceeds any service I have ever received at any other hotel. For many years the Courtyard Norfolk Marriott has handled our corporate events and hosted our private parties; from the initial phone call to set up the events to the absolute completion, the staff made my life and job easier and events were flawless and the food was wonderful! The renovated lobby is fabulous, and the bistro is great for an after-office get together or intimate meetings. I use the Courtyard Norfolk Marriott to house our out of town business guests and I hear nothing but compliments! The Director of Sales, Dawn Anderson, and the Senior Sales Manager, Sandie Fishbein, have always gone out of their way to ensure perfection and they have a genuine concern for their clients. Although I am local, you will find me staying at the hotel quite frequently as a mini-vacation because I love the pampered attention (not to mention the marvelous beds), and the location is right where I want to be while attending local events.

1 Thank Keri J
WOW!

Thank you for the kind review. We really appreciate it. Your business is very important to us and I am really glad that we are delivering the service you expect! Dawn and Sandie are awesome and I’m lucky to have them on the team.

Great tip on the “stay-cation” too. We have seen a large increase in locals staying for a night or too to hang out downtown for events or just to relax.

Looking forward to our continued partnership!