“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

I am a lifetime platininum member and had a enjoyable and sucessful trip due to the professionalism of your staff. Mary and Tara were very helpful providing assistance when my family got caught in the rain by providing extra towles and advice on what to do in Norfolk. The valet car park was helpful allowing me access to my vanl as I needed

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Hi Tim!

Wow, 2 lifetime Platinum reward members in a row! Thank you for being a loyal Marriott member. It’s travelers like you that make us successful and I am so glad we were able to take such good care of you. I will definitely commend Mary and Tara for their excellent service! They are great representatives of our hotel and I am lucky to have them on the team. Thank you for the kind review and for your business!

Take care,

Tony Parrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Rye Beach, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I am a lifetime platininum member who wrote this review in an e-mail to the General Manager Tony Parrow and he asked if I would share some of my comments. I had a enjoyable and sucessful trip due to the professionalism of your staff. The valet car park was helpful allowing me access to my rental as I needed to bring 4 boxes that were sent to my attention to the Marine Terminal exhibition hall. Tara at the front desk was pleasant in getting these packages.

One day after a day at the exhibition I ate at the bar something I rarely do. I usually go to restaurants in the area. The bartender suggested ribs which were tender and along with the great service and the nightly news.

When I check out I left my personal car key in the room; first time this seasoned traveler has never done before. I called from Philly and by the time I landed in Boston there was a call from the staff stating they found my key and would sent it to my home. Although I had a spare, electronic keys today cost well over $200. I was suprised with the high level of staff service,exceeding my expectations. My next trip will include a stay in your hotel, now my new home away from home in Norfolk.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Hello,

Your email was perfect for tripadvisor. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with the tripadvisor family!

We sincerely appreciate your business and I’m really glad that everything went well with your visit.

Hope to see you again soon!

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

A co-worker and I stayed here for about a week during a conference. The location was within walking distance of all the attractions downtown, so no worries about parking. The staff was very prompt and helpful (special thanks for pointing our jet lagged selves to some great late night dining on Granby Street). The rooms were spacious and clean, free w-fi was a great suprise. We'll defeintely be making this our default accommodations for trips to Norfolk.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Mr. T.,

Thank you so much for the kind review! I’m really glad that the location worked out so well for you and I’m very proud of my team for taking great care of you and your coworker’s needs.

We look forward to your business again in the future,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is one of the best hotel in Nofolk. The stuff are actually human not a robot. They smile and take care you like there own family. Best stay ever.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Hey Thomas,

I’m glad that you think we are one of the best hotels in Norfolk. I like to think so too  I like your reference to the staff being human! They take pride in personalized service and will be glad to read your review. You are one of the family!

Have a great day!

Snowbird, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have been in the hotel industry for 30 years. Old dog, I am! I was truly impressed by the extra special attention I received from GM, Tony Parrow and his Director of Sales, Dawn during my stay. I was in town for the SGMP conference. Dawn and Tony saw me struggling with my giant booth and box for my exhibit. They jumped in for an immediate assist. Dawn even drove me in her personal vehicle to the Scope Arena. (Tony came along just to carry my booth into the exhibit hall! Outstanding customer service all the way around at Norfolk Courtyard. I will definitely stay there again if ever in the area. Hats off. Thanks. Rnaccarato!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Hi Ruth!

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so glad that we had the opportunity to help. We love those service opportunities and it makes our day when things go so well. We really had a great time with everyone during the SGMP conference and look forward to Norfolk hosting it again in the future.

Good luck with everything in Utah!

Tony
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I was attending an annual conference in the area for a week in June. My original plans were to stay in a downtown Norfolk hotel to attend a site visit and then come to the Courtyard for the rest of the week. An incident happened at this other hotel so I ended up cutting my stay short there and went straight to the Courtyard Marriott. As soon as I walked into the door I was greeted by Dawn Anderson, Director of Sales, with a warm smile. The front desk staff were very accomodable and were able to adhere to any request that I had. I felt very welcomed and happy that I was staying at this property.

The next time I entered the hotel I was greeted by my name. I was very impressed in the level of professionalism and attention to detail that they had with thier guests. In the front lobby area they had a lounge area, two computers with a printer that you could print for free. The Bistro-Eat served breakfast and lunch...I am not sure if they were open for dinner since I was always out. Next to the cafe was the Starbucks coffee station. The prices on the menu were reasonably priced. The highest being $11. They served breakfast sandwiches, salads, wraps, burgers etc. If you didn't find what you were looking for at the Bistro they also had a convenience store. Boarding pass kiosks were also available for guests in the front lobby area.

During my stay I request to use one of thier safes, since they don't have safes in the sleeping rooms. I was given a key and was able to have access to it whenever I needed something. On the last day of my stay I had to fax a document to a client. The front desk was able to process this request with ease. (Some other places I stay they charge to print a document and fax). Also internet is FREE at this hotel in the sleeping rooms, business center and lounge area and it was fast.

The location of the hotel is convenient to area attractions. It is right next to the Macarthur Center Mall, about a 10 minute walk to the Waterside Shops & Restaurants, and a short cab ride from Gransby Street.

I appreciate the friendly customer service the front desk provided me during my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to other people who are looking to stay in the downtown Norfolk area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Hello!

Thank your for the very nice review and the high recommendations. We really enjoyed hosting so many of the SGMP attendees. It’s fun to have industry people in the hotel. It sounds like everything went perfect and we hope to be able to serve your needs again in the future!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Admittedly, the lobby is so nice and newly renovated that i was a little dissapointed when I got to my room. It's clean and nice, but a tad outdated and not set up very conveniently. I had to move the desk chair every time I wanted to walk to the other side of the room.

However. The staff makes that all go away. Nobody. And I mean nobody ignored me ever. Each and every time I encountered staff I was greeted brightly and genuinely. From the housekeeping staff to the maintainance guy (who got me a cab without even hesitating). Being in the hospitality industry for 24 years, you just don't know how valuable it is to have this going on at your property.

I encountered a couple of issues, yes, but the great and competent staff made all of that disappear and if I stayed in the future, I'd be willing to forget almost anything because of the staff. As I'm writing this, I know there were a couple of things that bugged me but i can't even remember...

Nice job on training, guys! You made me feel so comfortable during my three days there.

Hello Denver Guy!

Thank you for the wonderful compliments! I really appreciate the review and your business! With you being a 24 year veteran of the hospitality industry, we really appreciate your opinion and I really glad we lived up to expectations!

I hope to be able to have you as our guest again in the future!