“Mixed opinions”

Sunset Grill
Ranked #148 of 704 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Virginia Beach
“Mixed opinions”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I like the Sunset Grill, honestly. Don't go there really frequently, but several times through the year, generally for boating events. It's a good location if you need a stop and you're on the North end of Willoughby and/or stuck in traffic at the bridge. The staff is friendly and sassy. The food is good--burgers, seafood, etc., all made to order. It's a very small restaurant. The tables and chairs inside are wrought iron patio or ice cream parlor style. There is a small outdoor balcony overlooking the marina. The food is good. What I don't understand is why the draft beer (they have a good selection of micros) are almost $8 ($7.88). And on my most recent trip, the lines were over pressurized or something, so the top quarter of my beer was nothing but foam. Once the foam settled, I probably got $6.45 worth of beer. I don't know what the space limits are, but if possible, three things I'd like to see are: different tables and chairs, a larger outdoor balcony, and cheaper beer. I guess I need to find out when their happy hours are.

• Visited July 2013

“Very good food and great service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place was super cute and had great food. My husband had the fish and chips which was amazing and I had the blackened scallops. It was a beautiful view and a perfect night. Definitely recommend this place. Staff was friendly and welcoming.

“Good food!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Based on a recommendation from a friend, we visited the Sunset Grill and loved it! We sat outside to enjoy the breeze. The waitress made excellent suggestions. We really enjoyed our dinner in a very casual setting.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Lucky to Find this Place!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A friend referred me to this cool little waterfront restaurant in the Willoughby Harbor Marina. I had the fish and chips and my wife had the coco loco. I must say it was delicious. The staff was very attentive and had great attitudes which helped lead to an overall good experience. The view was spectacular and we were able to sit in the restaurant and see the sailboats in the bay. I'm looking forward to trying their complete menu. If you are looking to have good food and enjoy a great atmosphere, this is the place!

• Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“We Stop by Every Year”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Can't wait to do our annual Fish & Chips at the Sunset Grill in Norfolk. We stop by every year when do our Ohio to the Outer Banks vacation. We had an extra surprise when we found out the the are now serving a nice selection of craft beers. We can never find these in the part of Ohio we are from. It's a cool waterfront restaurant which is located on the Norfolk side of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. Bravo to our fifth visit and another perfect lunch.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Sunset Grill? Share your experiences!