“Great food, friendly service”
Review of Norfolk Chop House - CLOSED

Norfolk Chop House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: W 24th Street
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband's new favorite place for a good bone in ribeye. Staff are very friendly, food is good and nice location slightly away from the downtown area. Try the crab soup but be careful....you might be too full for your entree!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

The Chophouse was quiet on a Wednesday evening. The service was great and he told us how our dishes would be made. There are a lot of meat choices and a few seafood choices. I had the filet and it was pretty good. It didn't have a lot of seasoning that i could taste, but it was cooked perfectly. The prices were a little expensive, but we knew the prices before we went. Extensive wine list. If you are looking for a predictable steakhouse, this is a good choice.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went to the Chop House earlier this week and were completely impressed with everything. My wife and I had read all of the reviews on Open Table, which were very complimentary, but thought we would look at Trip Advisor as well. Much to our surprise we found several negative reviews, but decided to give it a shot anyway and we were happy we did. After finishing our meal we had a chance to talk to one of the managers and we brought up the point about conflicting reviews and he said that many of the review sites including Trip Advisor and Urban Spoon have no control over who posts reviews and that only Open Table does because you have to have reservations to even be allowed to post anything. He also said that the other review sites were a way for disgruntled employees to batch the restaurant. Anyway I had the T-Bone and it was amazing and it came with a free salad and baked potato. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We visited the Chop House for the 1st time this week. The decor is very interesting and inviting being that it is set in an old warehouse. There is free valet parking because of limited spaces and I'm sure a bonus on a busy weekend evening. The bar is small, but very welcoming and intimate. That being said, the dining atmosphere, due to the high ceilings and lack of sound boards, is not intimate and can be a bit loud, but that isn't a problem for us. For dinner, I had the Rockfish w/goat cheese risotto special and my hubby had the Filet w/baked potato. Although both dishes were very good, I really do not think that the restaurant should be that pricey. Because of the cost, we won't be visiting often, but I would like to return for another dish or a special celebration. I love special restaurants in Ghent, but the pricing needs to come down just a bit.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have traveled the world, have a very refined palate. I've had steak in Kansas City, Chicago, even Paris. I've had venison, bison, moose, but nothing is as good as a juicy beef steak. This place was fairly nice inside, but not special. We had come for great steak, and for two people (I took my 21 year old son), the price for the dinner was about $120, which I consider expensive for any Norfolk restaurant. But the steak was NOT good. It wasn't bad, just tasteless and bland. It wasn't anything close, not even comparable to The Outback Restaurant. Service was well below par for this kind of place. They have the audacity to charge like $5 for a baked potato- AS IF. Not worth it; don't bother.

1  Thank Petronius X