“Very good choice”

Pho 79
Ranked #382 of 729 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Expect a limited (but expanding) yet authentic menu, generous portions, at an extra reasonable price. Nice family owned staff, authentic beverages as well, and Chimay for $4.25? Wow.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I finally got a chance to check this place out and enjoyed the food there. Since I was dining solo, I opted to sit at the small bar I managed to take up all by myself.

Got the Pho Nåm, Gân, Sách, which was the Noodle soup with well-done flank, soft tendon and bible tripe. That may not seem like other people's first choice, it's the dish that remind me oxtail soup and I enjoy it. I also tried Chang beer, which was made in Thailand.

While I would say the Pho is ok, what really amazes me is how reasonable the prices are here, considering the other restaurants in the area. This is a good place to get cheap eats and something quick to eat, which I would give it a little more than three stars except I've had better food, but in dumpier places. Pho 79 has decent food and decor, making it an ok place to check out.

1  Thank KC C
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Good food, great value. Diverse menu with many healthy options. Efficient takeout service. Dining in was acceptable but I have experienced better service.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

excellent food and very friendly and resonable. I will return often.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I went to Pho 79 on the recommendation of some friends. I found the cuisine interesting. The first half of the bowl I was thinking "this really isn't anything spectacular'. The further into the bowl you get the tastier the broth seems to become. There is no exploding of the senses when eating this food. However you walk away feeling content and well just overall good. The staff seemed to want me out as quick as possible. The decor was nothing spectacular. The location is set in the historic Ghent Village district. Very beautiful area. Overall though I enjoy the meal although I can't quite place my finger on why. I still recommned this place for a quick meal or take-a-way.

Been to Pho 79? Share your experiences!