“Good variety of stores”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of MacArthur Center

MacArthur Center
Ranked #8 of 67 things to do in Norfolk
More attraction details
Owner description: The MacArthur Center shopping mall in Norfolk, VA. hosts over 130 shops and restaurants including Nordstrom and Dillard's department stores. At our Norfolk shopping center we have shops you won't find anywhere else in the area like Lush, Pottery Barn, and The Art of Shaving. The mall is off Interstate 264, just west of Norfolk State University.
NC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good variety of stores”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This mall has a nice variety of stores. I spent a couple of hours here and did not see even half of the mall. The only thing that I did not like about this place is that you have to pay to park.

• Arabic first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“If this is the most tech savvy mall in the Hampton Roads...act like it”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was very surprised with my first (and last) trip to Macarthur Center in downtown Norfolk. They boast that this is the most tech savvy mall in the area and it does not offer wifi?!? I do a LOT of travelling and enjoy going shopping where I can take a moment to get some business done on the computer. I was told that Macarthur center was THE mall to visit in the Hampton Roads Area. I was shocked to see that as I set up my laptop, I found to my dismay that there was no wifi. When I inquired about it , the security guard was rather rude and dismissive. I know a lot of shopping centers do not provide wifi, but most of the upscale centers offer a free service. I do not know if it is in the plans, but for now I will not be utilizing mcarthur center for shopping in the

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Parking”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We left the movies after 11:30 pm on a Friday. It took over 20 minutes to get out of the parking garage. When we finally reached the exit, I asked what had caused the holdup. It turns out, only ONE exit was open. The other attendant was apparently counting her cash during this time. It's bad enough to have to pay for parking at a mall, where we are already spending money, but then we are trapped in the parking garage. Why was no one else scheduled to work at this busy hour? Once the dilemma became apparent, why weren't vehicles allowed to exit without paying (rather than have a ridiculous backup)? Serious lack of management.

2 Thank Shana C
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful mall with movies”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went on a rainy day to kill some time, found a huge mall with movie theaters including morning shows and lots of variety and quality in stores - word of advice, do NOT lose your parking ticket - $10 exit fee if you don't have it!

Visited April 2013
Napa, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“So many choices so little time.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

No loss for shopping at this Mall. 3 stories of shops, food and even a huge movie theatre. This mall has many quaint little shops its unlike any other I have been to. They have a none chain soap shop, tea shop, candy shop. There's a lack of men's apparel, as a mother of 4 boys its not unusual but this mall is worse than most in that way.
Good food court that is adjacent to the movie theatre. Food selection is limited but ok.
Parking is a bit confusing if you have not been here before. So write down where you have parked so you won't lose your car. Security in the parking area is very good. Not sure if I would be walking around to much at night. It seemed to be a little gangsta after dark.
Want to kill a few hours shopping or need a nice gift or new outfit. Go here I'm sure you will find something you like.

Visited April 2013