“NOT AS GOOD”

Pancake House
Ranked #107 of 731 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have been going here for years and I would say the food is not as great as it use to be. Two eggs, toast and sausage with orange juice $12. Are you kidding me? Sorry must move on to another place to eat.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoy hole-in-the-wall breakfast places. Several times we have found hidden treasures at these small restaurants. I wouldn't exactly call pancake house hidden anymore, but there is a reason it's always busy. There may be a short wait involved in your visit, but you're going to find good food, a full coffee cup, and friendly staff. There is usually something to be said for a place where the waitresses call know their customers' first names.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is very Mom-and-Pop shop. There can be a bit of a wait, particularly on weekends because it's a small space.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We decided to eat here by chance. What a surprise, when we entered the front door the restaurant was packed. The staff are very nice and the food was homemade style cooking. They had the best sausage gravy in a restaurant I have ever eaten. I will return without question. We were passing through and this place will be on the must eat list whenever I return through this area. Great job and keep up the good work.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We ate here after looking at reviews online. THe place is a hole in the wall in a strip mall in the bad part of Norfolk. Long wait. I don't usually wait for food but I had my daughter with me.
$6 for a plate of 3 pancakes after a 30 min wait (AFTER being seated.) IHOP would have been a better choice. Waitress got order wrong 3x. Had to order extra food for daughter/me since portions were so small.

Save your time/money. Eat at Denny's or IHOP.

1  Thank plcarty