“Normal food but good music”
Review of The Jewish Mother Backstage - CLOSED

The Jewish Mother Backstage
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We enjoyed a very good concert. The food was nice. Too American standard, but very aceptable. Anyway, I definetely reccomend this restaurant for some entertainment.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I really enjoyed lunch, one evening went and had drinks. Great service and enjoyed it and recommend it to all.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Four of us visited the Jewish Mother in Norfolk, VA for lunch. We all had sandwiches. The portions were quite large and very tasty. The interior is a bit dark but that probably lends to the live music atmosphere in the evening.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was good and menu was basic. I could walk there downtown and it was open on a Monday night.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and two teenage boys went to dinner and left hungry. Not that there was not a lot of food - we had leftover. Leftovers no one would eat. When I tried to serve it, my kids said " It was not good at the restaurant, so why would it be good the next day?" I had to agree.
The potatoes in the potato salad were very undercooked. Come on - couldn't you get that right? The prime rib was so disgusting we had to put a napkin over it to continue our meal. The potatoes with gravy and broccoli would have been ok, had it been warm. My son had a roast beef sandwich he wanted on bread. It came toasted with meat that seemed near rancid.
Our waiter was clueless - when asked if the flounder was fresh- he just responded I don't know, I guess. I asked him to check, but he did not bother. Don't be in a hurry - they seem to seat everyone in one section at the same time so the waiter is overwhelmed.
Bottom line, save your many and stay away.