Quality Suites at Lake Wright
$148
$129
$125
  • Pool
All reviewshigh school reunionvirginia beachbathroom areaminute drivelarge roomking bedlate checkclose to the airportlodgingpet
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We booked this hotel based on the good reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews were not wrong. While this isn't a 5-star hotel, it is a very clean hotel with good amenities for the price. They provide a free shuttle from the airport 24 hours a day and a complimentary breakfast that is better than most hotels in its star-rating level.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I have stayed at this Quality Inn Suites several times while visiting family. It is conveniently located to the airport and not too far (but so much cheaper) from the beach. The room is very spacious for a family of four. We were able to put the kids to bed and completely close off the living area so we could stay up without disturbing them. The microwave and fridge made things easy, and they have disposable plates and cups in the cabinets.The pool is nice, laundry was convenient, small snack shop was helpful, and parking was ample. Breakfast is good, nice selection (yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit salad, pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels, pastries) but sometimes it's a little crowded. We were there during record breaking heat, so when outdoor plans had to change to those with air conditioning, I did consult the "concierge". I wouldn't say she was terribly knowledgeable about things to do with a family, but she did attempt to help and she referred me to the travel guides.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2008

On the night of Dec. 31, 2007, my daughter and I stayed the night at Quality Suites. Around 7:00, an unexpected vistior(mouse) was in our room. The mouse came from the living room. I was up and I called the front desk and told them to get someone up to my room to get the mouse. I was told that no one would come in until 8:00 am. I was told by the clerk to throw a pillow at the mouse. Later, the clerk called and told me that someone was on the way up. The lady put mouse traps around the room. I left the hotel 3 hours early instead of regular check-out time. I had to call twice in order to speak to the manager . When I spoke to her, it was as if it was no big deal. I expressed my concerns and let her know that my child was in the room. I also told her that my child has been vomiting every since we left the hotel. As we know, mice carry germs and diseases. She mentioned that she would take 20 dollars off the bill. That is very UNACCEPTABLE. I will stop the payment on my credit card until I can speak to the General Manager. Thanks for taking your time to read this and God Bless.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank Mrs_DVA52
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Quality Suites at Lake Wright in Norfolk, VA. and was very pleased. I booked this hotel because we waited so long to decide to make the trip while my mother was visiting that the choices were few and far between. Not knowing the area I thought that the drive to the beach may be a problem so I was very happy when it proved to be only 10-20 minutes away depending on what time you went. There was plenty of conveniently located parking as well. The suite had 2 king size beds and a sofa sleeper. We had 4 adults, a 17 year old and an 8 year old. It was a little cramped, but was clean and everything was up to date. There was a small kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. There was a sitting room where the pull-out sofa was located with a T.V. and a recliner. They had a nice pool area that was a little cramped due to a wedding party that was staying there. The free breakfast buffet was a great added bonus. The dining area tended to get a little overcrowded and the line a little long if you didn't time it right, but once again It may have been due to the large wedding party and a convention that were there at the same time. The overall experience was a very good one for a great price. I will definitely be going back and would recommend this to anyone. The only negative that I had was the lady taking the vouchers for the free breakfast buffett , she must have been the head of the food police! she was rude, bossy and unpleasant. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank catwomanwv
Reviewed August 30, 2007

My family and I just returned from a 3 night stay Aug 2-4, 2007. From the time we checked in, our experience was well above average! The hotel is right off of I-64 which is a great central location (15 minutes to Virginia beach, a few blocks from military hwy US-13 (lots of restaurants & shopping) and 45 minutes from Busch Gardens, Williamsburg). Everything was especially clean. Our suite looked just like the website photos, down to the 4 neatly aligned pillows on each of the comfortable queen size beds. We had plenty of towels as soon as we walked into the suite, more than we needed. The coffee pot area and condiments were well stocked. Even the microwave and refrigerator were very clean. We liked the idea of 2 televisions so my daughter could watch what she wanted. The free internet access was a plus, especially since we brought along our laptop. The free continental breakfast available each day of our stay had a better selection of food than you'd normally receive at other hotels. And the food was pretty good. The housekeeping staff were very polite and friendly also. We didn't need to have our suite cleaned each day, so I asked the staff for sets of clean towels and other necessities. They exchanged them all with no problem. The pool area was very clean and the water temperature was just right, not too hot & not too cold. There is an business center, exercise room and even a laundry room for the guests to use. There is also a small convenience store in the hotel lobby for quick necessities. We would definitely return to this hotel. For the rate we paid, the service we received and the amenities this hotel has to offer, who needs to stay at a beach oceanfront hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family