“Great Place to stay, and Convenient to the Airport”

Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Philadelphia, Mississippi
“Great Place to stay, and Convenient to the Airport”
Reviewed November 29, 2006

This is a great Hotel....Actually the reason I stayed was because I booked a room at the Marriott Residence Inn but when arrived they said they where booked even though did reservation on the net..So they comped me by letting me stay for the same rate at the Holiday Inn Select which is across the street...It was a great place to stay nice staff pool and fitness area where open 24hrs which i dont know if that is still so......I also had a complimentary Van transportation to Airport which is about a mile from the airport...

• Liked — location to airport and pool area
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2004, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank crazyrob79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Canton, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2006

Hotel is very nice! The rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. Staff was great! Would absolutely go back again!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank birvine22
Chatham, NJ
Reviewed September 3, 2005

We spent one night here based on the reviews, and probably would return. The suite was great, giving my teenager the privacy, TV and internet access she wants. Everything was clean, comfortable and nicely designed, from the rooms to the pool area to the lobby. However, this place needs either more weekend help or better staff training. The website advertises suites with two queen beds, but all come with doubles. The staff said they knew the website misadvertised, but didn't know how to fix it. Hmmm. That's not a hard one. At check in, we were advised that all we needed to do was call to have someone come to make up the sofa bed. When we called, we were told that advice was incorrect; we needed to contact housekeeping. Left a message for housekeeping -- never got a response. Thirty minutes later, recalled the front desk, who then told us that the second advice was also incorrect, that we should have been advised to contact the front desk, that we would need to make the bed up ourselves (fine) but she would have to bring up the sheets and couldn't leave the front desk just then. After 45 more minutes of waiting, my husband left to find the sheets himself. Additionally, the pool area had six people in it, but no towels. I walked around until I found one person, who was setting up a ballroom and who did bring in a handful of towels, all of which were gone by the time we needed them. Walking soaking wet through an air-conditioned lobby to the elevator is not a fun experience. While everyone was pleasant, explaining their problems to me does not make it okay. There is terrific potential here for a wonderful hotel experience but this place needs to get their stories straight and then deliver on what they say they will do for you. Then every review will be stellar.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank alwaysmoving
Nashville, TN
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Thanks, TripAdvisor! This was a great hotel with wonderful beds. Best hotel bed I've slept in, other than The Bellagio in Las Vegas, which topped my list by a long shot. My husband, son, and myself were assigned a handicapped room at the end of the hall. Bedroom and bath were both huge and spacious! Not so good was the service in the restaurant for breakfast our first morning. The buffet was depleted, and we had to wait for basics such as eggs, biscuits, and bacon to be refilled. Breakfast ended at 10:30 a.m. We arrived at 9:45, but it was as though things were beginning to wrap up, service-wise. Everything we requested the waitress brought---no more, no less. None of our needs were anticipated. I even had to get up and go get 3 sets of flatware from the basket at the waitstand. The food was average, but some of the service was lacking. The only other negative was when we arrived back at our room after a full day of touring the city, and found our room had not yet been attended. I was a little appalled, at $146 per night. The front desk sort of smartly told me that "everyone makes mistakes." I realize that, but I was still a little surprised. However, took our son to the pool, and the room was quickly attended to while we were away. I appreciated their quick service to correct the mistake. Other than those couple of problems, I was impressed with the hotel. And especially with the beds...slept like a baby!

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank lhtalley
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 23, 2005

Have been to Norfolk a few times on business this summer. Had been staying at the Doubletree at Military Circle Mall, about a mile down the road from the Holiday Inn.

Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I switched to this hotel. The reviews were correct; everything is much nicer here. The staff is professional and polite, the property is in good shape, cleanliness is much better; it's obvious to me the staff genuinely wants their guests to have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Grundoon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2005

I spend about 70 days a year in hotels and outside of the Sheraton on Waikiki Beach, this is my favorite hotel to stay in. I wish I could pick up the building and take the staff with me on all of my trips.

When I didn't feel well and the hotel was out of cough syrup, they sent someone to pick it up for me and deliver it to my room. The staff is always very courteous. The maids are nice and professional. The lobby area is very nice and very well maintained.

Location is great because it is only 5 minutes to the Airport. WalMart is 3 minutes, the mall is 4 minutes, and 7 nice restaurants are within 5 minutes.

Oh, and I can't forget the indoor heated pool and spa. It made for a very relaxing business trip in December.

I am a Platinum Priority Club Member, a Gold Marriot Rewards Member and a Gold Member of Sheraton's Starwood. So my choices of stays are limitless, yet this hotel gets my top U.S. vote every time.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2004

This is an excellent hotel. It is a major cut above most Holiday Inns. The staff was extremely friendly, the decor is classy, and the property is spotless. The richly decorated, beautifully paneled lobby is truly beautiful. We were extremely pleased. Holiday Inn would do well to build a lot more new hotels like this one.