“Mary - cooked us an awesome breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Mary - cooked us an awesome breakfast!!! We were attending the USS Mississippi CGN-40 Reunion (at this hotel). It treated us great and is an awesome location for a Military Reunion. I would highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Dear mheaster619,
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation for military reunions. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, but more importantly had an opportunity to meet Mary. She was so thrilled to her that she was mentioned online and wanted to thank you personally for remembering her. We hope that travels will bring you back to the hotel, even if only for a day. thank you for your services to this country and for being a guest of our hotel.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stayed here over the Christmas holidays of 2013..The hotel was not busy with hardly anyone in it..The management is rude and unfriendly...The room is nice and good location..But the staff is awful..

Room Tip: I would not stay here for a long extended stay if possible..
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

Thank you for updating us on your stay. We apologize for the service experience you had. We have made several changes to our staff since the last time you stayed with us and have definitely made improvements on our service culture. We hope that we have another opportunity to win your business and trust back.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn. The beds were comfortable, and the room was a nice size. The staff was very helpful whenever we needed anything. We stayed as part of the USS Mississippi reunion and all the amenities that they provided for that were good, also. We ate breakfast in the little restaurant that they have, and that was pleasant. This hotel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear AnneKateri,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for our hotel. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your USS Mississippi Reunion with our staff. We truly enjoyed being part of this wonderful event. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hope that we will be able to have you as our guest.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stay at the Holiday Inn Airport five nights a week as part of my job. I have to say I feel like a celebrity when I am there, and they treat me like one! The rooms are always clean and neat, and if there ever is a problem, they are right there to fix it. I can't say enough good things about the staff. Lauren and Mary do an excellent job in the restaurant, and the breakfast bar is nothing short of fantastic! Everyone from the desk personnel to the shuttle drivers to the maintenance people are so friendly and helpful, and I feel so much at home every time I am there. Would I recommend this hotel? IN A HEARTBEAT!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for writing your review of the property!! We try very hard to make sure that every aspect of the hotel exceeds your expectations. We are glad that we have done so and that you would recommend us in a heart beat.
PS.. You are a celebrity in our eyes!! We really enjoy have a regular guest in house, it makes it feel like we are sharing our home with a friend :)

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed in many 5 stars all over the world. This was one of our best experiences EVER. From delicious food to shining clean rooms to friendly courteous staff '- not a single step out of place. Our event was terrific as well. Truly unique in my experience was the wonderful housekeeping. We had slept in and missed Housekeeping due to our DVD sign. After only 3 hours out, we returned and the room of course had not been done. At about 4:30, there was a knock at the door "Housekeeping!" I answered that we knew we had missed out. She smiled and said, "We noted that your room was missed today. We're stopping by to see if you like it done now, or at least can we resupply any item." I almost fell over. We got extra towels and continue to marvel at the proactive service! We will always choose this hotel for future Norfolk stays!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear JLTCLT,
We are so very happy that you have found a new home in Norfolk for your travels in the future. Even though we did miss your room for housekeeping, we are so happy that we were able to correct our mistake and make it right with you and your husband.
Thank you for hosting your USS Mississippi Reunion with us as well. I know that staff always enjoys hearing about our great guests, that have made such a wonderful impact on our country and our hotel.
Thank you!!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for three nights and the hotel is very very clean. I was there fore the banquet of the USS Mississippi. When I got there the front desk lady was extremely friendly and very helpful, when I got to my room my room it was perfect. Nothing was out of place and very clean and modern. For the cleanliness you have to give credit to the cleaning people and definitely the lady that ran my 5th floor she was on top of things she made sure every room was clean I was watching her from the hallway and she didn't let anybody leave until all rooms were clean. I heard her say that to few people and it seems like they like to work with her. All the hallways were shining the pool was very clean and everybody was very very pleasant. If you really want to make sure you got a really nice hotel definitely stay at the Holiday Inn herein Norfork. Also at the banquet the people that serve us did excellent excellent job. So if you have meetings and dinners there for a lot of people definitely book at this hotel you will not have any problems everything will run like clockwork all I can say for the people there is thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear ocasey,
We would like to not only thank you for your review, but also for attending the USS Mississippi Reunion. It was such an honor to have your group in our hotel and we are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We want every guest to encounter our service and standards each visit. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again in the near future, so we can continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was met at front desk by Mr. Bruce Dorman, who helped me change reservations so I could stay at this great 'jewel' of a hotel. He made the call, and one reservation was cancelled and another made. My grandchildren love the swimming pool and exercise room here. Both are clean, quiet, and fun to participate in.
I also forgot my toothpaste and Mr. Matthew Dorman went out of his way to find housekeeping so I could fly with brushed teeth. He was also my shuttle driver and made the trip pleasant. Their shuttle runs 24 hours/day which is an added bonus for my travel schedule.
Both Dormans made my stay at this hotel relaxing and pleasant. I recommend highly. ALL staff smiled constantly - they seem to enjoy working here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Holiday Inn Norfolk. Bruce and his staff are very excited to see the mention on this review. They have even posted it on the office wall. Our service and staff are so important to our guest and to the hotel. We work hard to make sure that all the little touches and simple pleasures can be enjoyed by any and every one.
Please continue to come back to the hotel and experience more of our staff. Bruce, will be there to introduce you.
Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to a safe return to us.