“Clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable rooms with friendly staff , it's close to the airport but in the two days there I only heard one plane . Not far from downtown Norfolk . I would stay here again ! I was a little disappointed with the workout room , there were only 5 pieces of equipment to choose from but when you are the only one in there it's not so bad !

• Stayed May 2013
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Johnyeye,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We appreciate the feedback and are glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us. It is our goal for each and every guest to leave wanting to come back to us during thier next visit to town. The staff looks forward to seeing you again in the future. Safe travels and again thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Upgrade the fitness center! There was a young man running barefooted on a treadmill when I was in the fitness center and another lone worker (custodian?) hanging out by the pool while I ran. Both made me uncomfortable. Put a lock/access key card on the door to the fitness center. Didn't feel as safe overall here as I do at other hotels. Food was good and shuttle service to/from the airport above average! I would probably not stay here again due to the uneasiness I felt in the fitness center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Searching3,

Thank you for taking the time to write review about the hotel during your recent stay. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed most of the hotel but also noticed you had some concerns. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to further discuss the exact details so we can address them properly especially with the one possibly concerning our staff. For security reason the door leading to the combined pool area and fitness center does have key card access only and only allows registered guest of the hotel to enter the entire area. Thank you again for taking the time to leave comments and we do hope to see you again in the future to make it a perfect experience during your travels.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were travelling to Virginia Beach and decided to stop off and tour downtown Norfolk and Nauticus. Normally I prefer to book downtown properties but Norfolk was only a 'passing through' destination so I opted to save some bucks and stay outside of town.

The hotel was very nice, very clean, and the lobby was terrific. Our family made use of the pool., the spa, and the exercise room. All were nice but it would be great if these hotels would spring for a $10 fan for their exercise facilities.

The location was pretty convenient and there were some standard fare dining establishments within driving (not really walking) distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
redjedi72,

Thank you for making the decision to join us at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport during your travel. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us as the hotel staff takes great pride in making sure each and every guest leaves us wanting to come back in the future. we hope to see you again in the future and we will definitely take your advice and look into adding a fan into our fitness room. Have safe travels and hope to see you again in the future.

Norfolk Va
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport for 1 night due to flight cancellation. I truly enjoyed my stay and was very impressed with the staff at all levels. Quick response airport shuttle gets you to the hotel quickly. Nice clean good sized room with a strong Wifi signal. I would highly recommend this hotel to be your first choice while overnighting at ORF or even when visiting Tidewater given it's proximity to the main highways.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We are pleasured to read we were able to make your unscheduled visit with us a pleasant one. We hope next time your are in the area on a planned stay that you join us. Safe travels and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is great. Great food, great service, great staff, great rooms, great location, great facilities, very warm & inviting! I hit the jackpot with this stay, i highly recommend this hotel to any & everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank kcthemusicguy
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday inn Norfolk Airport. We were excited to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel during your stay. Please pass the word on to your friends that may be coming to the area as we would love to be of service to them. We hope to see you again in the future. Happy Holidays!
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for a day in Nov. The hotel looks nice and clean. The room was decent sized. There were the usual amenities in the room: lcd tv, iron, min fridge, microwave. The bed was good and clean. I didn't care too much for the pillows though, they could be better.

There is plenty of free parking at the hotel. Its down the road from a number of restaurants etc.

I didn't like my stay here solely because of... In the morning, when I went down for breakfast, the hall was empty and there was some stuff laid out. A person asked me for a breakfast coupon and I said I don't have one. She allowed me to have a seat, and I assumed that the coupon is perhaps a formality, etc. all HI's I have stayed in have had free breakfast. The breakfast was average. Anyways, I had a cup of coffee and one croissant and perhaps spent 10 minutes in there. When I was about to leave, the person arrived with a bill of $13. I hadn't realized that my room rate didn't include breakfast. I wish she would have clearly told me that I will be charged and how much it will cost, cause I could have easily driven down the road and got a cup of joe for $2. To add to it I had paid $70 in all for the night, so in essence I paid 18.57% additional cost. I also stopped by the front desk to clear this out, but was simply told that my rate didn't include breakfast, and even though I am a member of the holiday inn club, I wasn't given any courtesy in this regard.

I won't be staying here again, not because I was charged for breakfast, but because I wasn't shown expected courtesy.

Room Tip: Get your breakfast down the road, not here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We were glad to see you liked the hotel but had a less then expected experience with breakfast. Holiday Inn properties do charge for breakfast unlike limited service competitors in the market and across the nations. Our sister properties the Holiday Inn Express also have this amenity. We are glad you were able to secure such a valuable rate at $70, however we do offer rates that include breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future for a second try. Happy Holidays!
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Nice bar. Nice entrance hall (fora holiday inn). Descent sized rooms. Comfortable bed. Pity the pillows are lumpy and half the size of regular pillows. And shame my shower leaked all night and then flooded the bathroom in the morning. Breakfast is hot - bacon eggs etc. what you expect of a holiday in. Decent wifi connection.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday inn Norfolk Airport. We appreciate your business and am sorry to hear you had a less then perfect stay. We take feedback very seriously and will look into the matter you addressed in the review and use them to better ourselves. Also the pillows have been a long time issue with Holiday Inn and the good news is they have been changed and must be in place by 2014 to have the correct sizing for the bed. We will begin to phase them in beginning next year. We hope to see you again in the future so that we can earn a 5 the next time. Safe travels and happy holidays!