“Learning about Norfolk with Zach!!”

Downtown Norfolk Food Tour
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We set off with Zach to tour the downtown Norfolk waterfront not knowing what to expect. Well, I thought I knew something about Norfolk having lived here most of my life, but the 1.5 hour tour opened my eyes to lots of history and wonder. Zach is extremely knowledgeable and makes the tour interactive, even if my guesses were wrong at times! Despite the 91 degree heat, everything about the tour was wonderful--I'm just sorry that I didn't think to bring a camera. My friend and I talked about what we learned all the way home and now plan to return to the sites with our families. Thanks, Zach, for sharing your expertise of Norfolk's long and amazing history from Colonial times to the present!

2  Thank Catherine4721
There are newer reviews for Downtown Norfolk Food Tour
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I went to Norfolk last May for our anniversary. By chance we picked up a brochure on the food tour and deciced to try it. We had a great time with good food good people and very informative about the history and architecture of Norfolk hope to go again one day.

2  Thank herringdjkstd1
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We enjoyed our walking tour of the Freemason area of downtown Norfolk. The guide was knowledgeable and covered the history from the early settlement of Norfolk to the Civil War. The War Memorial near Nauticus has letters from soldiers from many wars and was very moving. I enjoyed learning what many of the buildings were along the waterfront and what ships were in dry dock. The tour is a good way to get introduced to the downtown area.

2  Thank sampsonRichmond