“THE place for great lunch”

CURE Coffeehouse and Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Norfolk
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Norfolk VA isn't exactly a foodie's paradise, so I was happy that we found Cure on our first day there on a business trip. The coffee, chai, and lunch are all outstanding. If you go for lunch, do try the Pig and Pear, a really lovely grilled cheese with ham and grilled pears. The service can be spotty, some days it's great and others, not so good, but after visiting a half dozen times over the course of a couple of weeks, the food and beverages were always excellent. I liked the vibe here, too, very relaxed. It's most definitely a local establishment.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just love the ambiance at Cure. It is fun, funky and easy going. We stayed until closing and the staff was very kind and did not rush us out. This is the place to be Cured from the fast food frenzy!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

they serve house smoked and house prepared comfort foods that are tasty and locally sourced. they have a wide selection of beers and wines and the coffee is brewed fresh daily. there is free wifi and performances on certain nights that makes this a favorite place for me and my friends. kudos to small coffee houses!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've eaten in Cure on three different occasions, and stopped for a snack a few more. My breakfast was a french-toast modification with bacon, goat cheese and dried cranberries served with home fries that was amazing. Who would think of such a concoction? I don't know but I'm glad someone did. It's not really a "dinner" place, but I had a BLT last week that was probably the best authentic BLT I've ever had. (My favorite ever has avocado on it, so I can't call it authentic.) For dessert that night I had a peach muffin that was more like a slice of peach pie in a cupcake wrapper. It was so good I took another one home and had it for breakfast! They serve beer and wine, so it's not just a place for coffee. I've seen music inside, but was in too much of a hurry that night to stop in. I don't know what the "snobby" reviewer is talking about. I've been treated like a local every time I've been in, even though I'm not. To get there from my place involves a ferry ride and half hour afoot, but I still believe I'll be heading up there at least once a week for as long as I'm living here. I love it, and recommend it.

1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice little shop; great sandwiches, serves the neighborhood well. Eclectic group of folks who hang out there; nice place to people watch. Severs a little laid back, but it works.