“not that impressive”

Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk
Reserve with OpenTable
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 700 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Tampa, Florida
“not that impressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm from India. I wasn't that impressed with the food . Service was attentive though. it was an older lady ; she was the manager ...or maybe the manager's wife ??? She was tending the bar and serving us and ( apparently ) supervising the wait staff. Appetizers were dry and too crispy ; she took them back and brought fresh ones, no problem.

**** ORDER YOUR CHICKEN JUICY **** South Asian restaurants have a tendency to over cook the chicken; tell them to cook it extra longer and at a slightly lower temp unless you want rubbery chicken

All in all it was fine. The food wasn't anything to cheer over; but nor was it bad at all....

• Visited March 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had take out order of butter chicken, naan and samsoa. I wanted their variety of naan but the employee who answered my call did not understand me so I ended with just naan, after he spelled another bread type to me. The butter chicken was terrible, the chicken tasted old and the sauce was not creamy but greasy and also tasted old. The rice was also old. Do not go to get 'freshly' made food, you get recycled left overs from their buffet.

• Visited October 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
“Indian food … southern style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nawab is noted in the area as an ‘award winning’ restaurant for Indian food, but there is little competition. Lunch time is buffet time at Nawab with an array of foods … including, at times, beef curry… (the cow is sacred in India). Tandoori chicken is a traditional standard, and there is a lentil dish … and a potato dish … and always naan bread. The tandoori chicken looked like tandoori … but its taste was, for Indian food, bland. The point is that while the food is tasty, and may be the best in the area, it does not compare with the kind of Indian food found further north … as in northern New Jersey. Indian food … southern style contains less spices to be more appealing to southern customers … customers who tend to have a delicate palate. Whenever I have a need to provide diversity to my taste buds, Nawab is always a consideration.

When I lived ‘up north’, Indian food was my favorite. I loved it all. The downside was that I couldn’t stop eating it … and the pounds accumulated. I don’t have to worry about accumulating pounds at Nawab.

• Visited October 2012
Va Bch
“Excellent Buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just returned from having lunch here. The buffet offers different items each day, so you are never certain to get the same things over & over again. The food is very flavorful. They even have cards on the buffet to let you know what is in each dish, which is very helpful. The servers are very attentive and clear your plates and refill your drinks very quickly.

• Visited July 2012
New York
“Enjoyed our dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Had a couple of things here on our visit to Virginia Beach. The chicken tandoori was awesome and the butter chicken with naan and pulao was good. Since we were looking for a 'halal' option, the lady at the counter was kind enough to guide us to the proper options we had.

• Visited April 2012