“Tasty and Inexpensive!”

Ranked #60 of 741 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Ynot Italian - The Family Favorite. Serving the best Italian cuisine, pizza, desserts, craft beer & cocktails in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake & Norfolk, Va.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My mom and I stopped here for lunch on a rainy afternoon. I enjoyed a large slice of cheese pizza and my mom had a large slice of the white spinach and a Pepsi. For dessert, we had gelato; cookie dough and some kind of chocolate truffle. All together, it cost us less than $10.00 for the two of us and we were both full.

YNot had a large menu to choose from including a variety of different pizzas, pasta, salads, calzones, wines, and lots of desserts. Their desserts included several different cakes, cupcakes, black and white cookies, cupcakes, cannolonis, gelatto and more!

There was plenty of parking and YNot is right next to several other restaurants and stores in the Historic Ghent District and the decor is very nice, too. You can even get free stickers for your car (of the restaurant).

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Being a bit of a pizza snob, I was advised to check it out on my recent trip to the area. I must say I was pleasantly impressed. Very crowded on a Friday night, reservations made it much easier and quicker.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Can't say enough good things about YNot. They opened in Norfolk a few years back and we've been regular customers ever since. Every indoor table is a large booth, and service has always been efficient and friendly. When we want a slice of cheese pizza, this is our go-to place, but the pizza, like their pasta, is always customizable from toppings to crust. The garlic knots and chopped salads are not to be missed. Desserts are also very tasty, with a nod to their gelato.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We sat outside!! A major plus for a restaurant in Ghent! The Bruscheta was a delightful appetizer- 4 lices of Italian bread piled high with tomatoes seasoned perfectly with the best mix of Italian Seasonings and parmeon Cheese!! The eggplant parm sub was good , I like more seasoning, the onion rings were fresh and homemade!!!!!! The service was great . The server was very attentive - and they were busy outside (5 tables for 2-3 pm). We have not been but we definitely will be bak!!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Ghent is a nice little area in Norfolk and proved to be a nice place to stop for lunch on a busy Thursday. Lots of hustle and bustle, street-side parking, and a number of local restaurants to choose from. We were up for some wings and pizza so we stopped into YNot Pizza.

The exterior was nice with a narrow shaded area out front and seating for maybe thirty or so. We walked in and I liked the layout of the interior, clean, open, inviting, and very air conditioned. Even though this was the height of the lunch hour there were a few large booths open and we were quickly seated. Did I mention that YNot was very well air conditioned?

Drinks were ordered and served and in the few short minutes that it took we both concluded that it was just freezing inside. My date normally prefers it a bit on the warmer side and I always favor the chilly side of things but this was crazy. The nail in the coffin was when the young lady sitting at the booth behind us also complained about the freezer-like atmosphere. Plan B - head outside and enjoy a nice lunch in the shade and warm up.

We grabbed a two person table and placed our orders. Now after a few seconds outside I once again realized that the accommodations were not quite what I was expecting. We now were going to endure the dreaded rocking table where you placed your drink down and it rocked over this way, you cut your food over here and it rocked that way. Oh well, not that big of a deal. And the aluminum seats outside...whoever picked them out should be fired, lol. They were some uber-cheap layback seats that pretty much forced you to sit up on the front lip of the seat. And since the area was so tight out front these extra deep layback seats were bumping into each other as others tried to sit at the table behind us and pull their seats out. And to top it off, I know a black granite table top looks impressive but when used outdoors and exposed to the sun on a warm day, you end up with a 120-130 degree frying plate to rest your forearms on during a conversation, lol.

Wow, and now for the disappointing food. Our appetizer were known as pepperoni rolls and consisted of a big chunk of heavy bread rolled up with a few pieces of pepperoni rolled into the center. A marinara sauce was provided for dipping. Bread was far too thick, pepperoni was barely able to be tasted, and sauce was so watery when you dipped it none stuck. After one sample each the remaining were left as they simply were not good. Chicken wings were served and now our 2'x2' table top with my side at 120-130 degrees was filled to capacity. I hope our slices of pizza would not be coming out soon since there was no room to put them.

And plastic plates, and plastic cups, at a one-off restaurant in Ghent? Really? Nothing cheapens the experience more for me than sitting down at a beautiful black granite table and being served my food on plastic. I was not expecting crystal and china but plastic? Anyway, wings were nice and meaty and tasted well. The pizza, well, that was a major disappointment. If you would have handed me a piece in a blind taste test I would swear it was a large frozen pizza of some sorts. The crust was thin and thick and just did not taste that great, the sauce on the pizza was thin and watery, cheese was OK and so was the pepperoni but I would not ask for the pizza again.

In the end, our waitress took our appetizer off our bill without hesitation and she did a fine job taking care of us during our visit. We may stop back another time but there are so many other nice restaurants in the area it will be quite some time.