“1st time here and VERY pleased!”
Review of Razzo

Razzo
Ranked #29 of 732 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

For our 40th anniversary we decided to go to Razzo..after hearing so many good things about it.
It's not as if this was a long drive - we just never seemed to be there in time for dinner.
Several friends raved about the restaurant, but they cautioned is to get there as close as possible to 5 p.m. - opening time. We parked at 5:20 and were seated immediately (it was a Sunday evening).
Sherrie and I started off with a shared Caesar salad - done just right. We both liked the Parmesan crackers in the salad..so much better than croutons.

Sherrie ordered the Marsala with Chicken and dug right in. It was so good that she didn't offer a bite to me (but I snuck one anyway). It was a bigger than average serving and we realized quickly that we wouldn't be able to finish it that night. Sherrie's review: best Chicken Marsala ever; mushrooms cooked perfectly.

Ross ordered the Penne Rictotta - pork sausage, fire roasted tomatoes & sweet basil - BIG portion and amazingly good. I loved the "tension" between the spicy tomatoes and the perfectly cooked pork sausage..along with sweet basil. I, too couldn't finish the dinner so we both had our food boxed.

Close to home, reasonably priced, great ambiance, great food, good service - we can't wait to try Razzo again!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

On frequent Sunday afternoon trips to the Norfolk area we never miss stopping for a visit to Razzo. Opening at 5PM it's always SRO by 6PM so be there early. Joining the other reviewers comments on the excellent selection of authentic Italian main courses, I would suggest trying the roasted garlic – w/olives, peperonata, sundried tomatoes & goat cheese appetizer. This dish must have a secret "addictive" ingredient since it is what brings us back again and again to enjoy with the house Chianti. In addition to the talented kitchen, the servers deserve special recognition too since each one makes you feel like a welcomed guest. This is a great place not to be missed if in the Hampton Roads area.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you like saltimbocca veal, it is the best I ever tasted. Ample serving, on a large bed of spinach---sauce is outstanding!! It is hard to go here and not order this. However my friends and family have never been disappointed with whatever they ordered. Priced very reasonable for the quality of service and food.

HIGHLY RECCOMEND!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I love this Italian restaurant!!! I've been here several times and it always impresses. The atmosphere is a nice cozy, intimate setting but it's the food that truly sets it apart. Every dish is just plain great. Italian food is by far my favorite type of food, as such I've eaten at many Italian places and this is one I highly recommend to everyone.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first trip here, but it will not be my last. The dining area is small, but didn't feel crowded. The menu selections were not your average, "run of the mill" variety. The asparagus and prosciutto appetizer was delicious. The asparagus was just tender, but not too soft or mushy. The balsamic glaze was very nice sweet complement to the salty prosciutto. The bread was fresh and warm. I tried the Veal Saltimbocca and was pleased with my choice. My companion had the fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. The Alfredo sauce was creamy and delightful. The portion sizes were very generous. The wait staff was friendly and efficient.