“Still The Best Thai Food”
Review of Rama Garden Thai

Rama Garden Thai
Ranked #132 of 718 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Still The Best Thai Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The wife and I are crazy about Thai food, and I think we've tried almost all of the local places. Every time we go back to Rama Garden, we are amazed. We usually get Pad See Ew, Pad Thai, or one of the Curry dishes. Last night it was Red Curry with the #5 heat. PERFECT!! Their #5 hot is not painfully hot but very tasty. The waiters are very friendly and they do a good job. The atmosphere and location are both very nice.

Visited August 2012

Hampton, Virginia
“1st Time Visit - Delicious!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found this restaurant by Googling the best Thai food in Norfolk. It is well appointed on Granby St. so it is within walking distance of tons of places - events, museums, offices, etc. The restaurant is lovely & much of the surfaces are glittery. The prices are reasonable for the portions. I had the Prik Pow which boasted a single chili pepper to indicate the spice level. The server indicated was a "1 or 2 on a spicy scale of 1-5." The dish consisted of a mix of bell peppers, garlic, scallions, chili paste, basil, onions, etc. I chose beef from a choice of beef, chicken or pork. I asked that they add mushrooms, which they did with no trouble. It was delicious - quite sweet due to the basil, which was fine for me. I didn't find it spicy at all. The flavors were wonderful & the fragrance from the dish was mouth watering. It might have been the most delicious Thai food I have ever had. The only bummer was that my colleage had originally ordered a dish with Tofu only to find that they were out of tofu. It would have been nice if we were told that when our menus were handed to us. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ucstefi
Norfolk, Virginia
“Consistent lunch spot”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I love stopping in Rama Garden for lunch. They have attentive service and use fresh ingredients. The location is ideal for downtown workers and folks attending events in the area.

• Visited May 2012
Virginia
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A basic utility Thai place. The protein based dishes are a little unusual in that the meat often comes sliced in medallions, composed on the plate and then covered with the stir fry flavor you ordered. Yum woonsen is served warm - and is a classic version as is Pad Thai.

Don't expect to be blown away but do expect to be perfectly satisfied with your food.

• Visited April 2012
brinkone2@aol.com
“Great Food, Attentive Wait Staff”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My son and I went into Norfolk for an early dinner on Granby Street and had a wonderful dinner at Rama Garden Thai. The portions were generous and delicious. The location was easy to get to, with parking nearby. The atmosphere was very soothing and allowed us to communicate with each other without the loudness that other restaurants seem to have lately.

• Visited May 2012