“A must visit”

Brickhouse Diner
Ranked #134 of 795 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 16, 2014

If you are in the area I recommend this restaurant.The food is good and price is reasonable. It clean and inviting. Customer service was good.Very friendly atmosphere. When in the area this restaurant will be on our list. We visit for breakfast and lunch. We could not find anything that we did not like about this restaurant.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Good food reasonable price and service is good. Breakfast is wonderful and the Southwestern burger with homemade chips are very tasty.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott, only a few blocks away. Went there on a recommendation from a friend. Was told their Greek food was better than average. The ambiance and decor left a lot to be desired. Very plain, and lacking feeling. Was also a little disappointed by the service. I did get there towards the end of the lunch crowd, but though the hostess/waitresses were very friendly, it did take some prompting by me to get a refill, extra napkins and the bill.
I ordered their classic Gyro. I will say it was one of the best I've ever had. The yogurt sauce was very good. Lamb was very tender and tasty. I was told by the waitress, though didn't try it, that they grind their own beef for hamburgers there. Will have to try next time. They also make their own french fries and chips. Chips were pretty tasty.
They are open M-F, only breakfast and lunch.

1  Thank Arminius1
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were staying down at the Marriott and wanted a break from the d'egg ( another great place). Clean place. Very nice breakfast menu with great prices. Quick service and friendly staff. Only open mon- fri as they serve more of the local office crowd. Would recommend and worth the walk from the hotels - Marriott or Sheraton

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I ordered the shrimp salad and it was really good! I was expecting cold shrimp like in most salads but these shrimp were breaded and deep fried, delicious! The Navy Bean soup was also very good. The service was excellent and the prices reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant for a quick bite.

Been to Brickhouse Diner? Share your experiences!