“Local and Good !!”

Capt. Groovy's Grill and Raw Bar
Ranked #7 of 795 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Grill and raw bar offering fesh local seafood. Funky eclectic decor with outside dining on covered patio. Weekly Chef Specials created by award winning chef David Watts. Monday-Saturday $7 lunch specials, daily Groovy Daddy specials 4-7pm and brunch on Sunday. Something good is always happening at Captain Groovy's.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A regular spot for me. The menu is very diverse ... Seafood, Cajun, burgers and Nachos.. Everyday they have specials bother Lunch and Dinner..
Food is prepared perfect .. A hot soot so sometimes it can be hard to get in.. Parking is limited but they have worked out a deal with a business across the street so you can park there..
A fav thing of mine .. They have a Military Discount !!
Service can be hit or miss depending on who you get.. But you won't be disappointed in the food..

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I hadn’t dined at Captain Groovy’s in a while. This was the first time that I brought My Lady here and it was lunchtime. She ordered Marina Crab Cake (seared, served on a kaiser with bajan tartar with fries). I ordered Seafood Pescatore
 (shrimp, scallops and mussels sautéd with tomato, black olives, basil in white wine and butter served over spaghettini). Service was friendly and quick. My Lady’s was very good and mine was excellent. I salivate when I look at the photos. Casual seafood lunches don’t get better than this.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Casual atmosphere, great drinks and fabulous food!! We had Cajun entouffe and Paella. Great way to unwind while traveling. We really wish we lived closer to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I called the restaurant and asked if I needed a reservation. The young lady was cheerful and said not to worry they will get us in and reservations were not necessary for groups under 5 people. Best yet they recognized us as the family that called and had seats ready for us inside when we arrived.
Steaks, clams, fish we ate it all and left satisfied. A great choice to visit in Norfolk!

1  Thank JonSHasBeenThere
Reviewed August 3, 2014

August 2, 2014
After reading reviews, my wife, daughter and myself ate at Groovy's Bar and Grill. First my wife had the Flounder with the bronze sauce and said it was the best she had eaten. I had the Bora Bora Tuna that was truly the best I had ever had, which was recommended from the waitress who was very knowledgeable of the menu and very helpful. She was always checking (not to much) to make sure if we needed more water or anything. I also had to try the Crab Mac & Cheese which had lots of great reviews and was really good and different twist worth the try.

I would highly recommend Capt. Groovy to anyone, and plan on revisiting next time in Norfolk. I would tell you that it is a Grill not a High end white table cloth place but the service and food is very deserving of my 5 star rating.

Todd P.