“Phenomenal!!!”
Review of d'egg diner

d'egg diner
Ranked #16 of 711 Restaurants in Norfolk
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: breakfast and lunch in downtown norfolk in front of the convention center
Norfolk, Virginia
“Phenomenal!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

D'egg has a highly creative and delicious menu that I have greatly enjoyed exploring. The staff is friendly and the ambience is both inviting and neo-diner-esque. I highly recommend this restaurant to all Norfolk fine cuisine hunters.

• Visited February 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Best breakfast downtown”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have the pleasure of visiting D'Egg three times a year each February. I bring a group of high school students to a conference for four days and each morning eat at D'Egg. It's become a joke w/ my students now- they know where I am each morning!
In my five years I've never had bad service. The waitresses and staff there have always been diligent about refilling coffee/tea/water. Never waited more than a few minutes to have my order taken. And even in the busiest times, I can't recall waiting too long for the food.
I generally have their omelettes, which are huge! But this past trip, I had their french toast twice. I can't say what it is about it, but it is really good. Scrambled eggs aren't bad, hash browns not bad either.
The decor is pretty standard- modern looking. But I'm not there for the ambience. It's clean enough.
Prices are great as well. Often, you see EMS/Fire Dept. or police there in the mornings. If the locals go there, it must be good!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Arminius1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst breakfast I've ever had!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was just my fiance and I that went and it took over 20 minutes for our food to come out. When i placed my order, my waitress told me to get something else because it was the same thing when it wasn't, she was just confused. And then she just sat at the bar because her friends came in. The homefries that we got were both burnt and old. Never going back.

1 Thank tmhoevet
Yorktown, Virginia
“Tasty Diner Downtown”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped by D'egg on Saturday morning for a hardy breakfast. This diner specializes in breakfast and lunch. We enjoyed omelets which were well prepared. My wife had hash brown which were some of the better she has had eating out and I had grits, which were just right with butter, and had corned beef hash on the side. Very nice start to the day.

• Visited January 2013
Main Beach, Australia
“Great breakfast diner”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here 2 mornings, large selection, I had the omelette which was yummy with old fashioned hash browns. Attentive staff, coffee cup and water glass regularly filled, a d great value